Apple MacBook Pro
- Ninth-generation 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
- Stunning 16-inch Retina Display with True Tone technology
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M Graphics with GDDR6 memory
- Ultrafast SSD
The new 16-inch Apple MacBook Pro is the best laptop for android development for several reasons. For starters, it has a high-resolution FHD retina display with a native resolution of 3072 x 1920 pixels, which offers accurate color output and a higher pixel-per-inch density. Having a screen of this caliber will help Android development, as applications can easily be rendered in high resolution, directly on the laptop itself.
The latest MacBook Pro 16 comes in two variants Intel Core i7 and Intel Core i9, the Core i9 model is a bit of a stretch for our development work and is also extravably priced, let’s put that aside. Here I talk about the Intel Core i7 model, which integrates the AMD Radeon Pro 5300 GPU, and perfect for Android development. This year you can choose the memory of your MacBook Pro up to 64GB and storage up to 8TB, which is crazy, but we don’t need much, 16GB of memory with 1TB or 512 Go would be more than enough for Android Studio.
It is powered by the 9th generation Intel Core i7 H-series processor, one of Intel’s most powerful notebook processors, offering a maximum clock speed of up to 4.5 GHz when needed. This laptop also offers 16GB of DDR4 RAM clocked at 2400MHz, which keeps applications running smoothly in the background.
The laptop comes with a fast and stable MacOS version. Downloading and running apps like Android Studio shouldn’t take long on a machine of this caliber. Similarly, a Windows operating system can still be used using Apple’s Bootcamp feature to load and use Android development apps that are only available for Windows. Like the latest Apple MacBooks, this model offers 512GB SSD storage with a maximum read speed of 3.2Gbps. This means that applications load quickly and even rendering from an Android developer program should happen in a second.
It is also one of the most powerful MacBooks, as it comes with a Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of VRAM, making it easy to handle graphics-intensive tasks like photo editing, video editing, 3D modeling, audio production, etc.
MacBook Pro 16 is equipped with the Retina display, which supports higher color accuracy and a resolution of 3072 × 1920 pixels to ensure realistic image quality. Whether you are a professional graphic designer or a gamer, this display is quite versatile. In terms of security, the MacBook stands out as it is backed by the latest Apple T2 chip and fingerprint sensor. Also, macOS itself is completely safe and efficient.
Without a doubt, the MacBook Pro is very expensive, but if you are looking for the most stable and reliable performance, this would be the best option.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next gen, best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer. Display Resolution - 2736 x 1824 (267 PPI)
- More ways to connect, with both USB c and USB a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a 2-in-1 laptop that can also be used as a tablet. With this form factor in mind, the laptop offers an impressive feature set with a super-high-resolution display, offering a native 2736 x 1824p resolution, protected by tempered glass. This is a fast-responding touchscreen panel, where an Android developer can easily test their apps and games before publishing.
The laptop is powered by Intel Core i7-3960X, which is a 7th generation processor with four CPU cores and an integrated GPU. This machine doesn’t skimp on anything as it offers 16GB of RAM and 521GB of SSD-based storage. Like most laptops made by Microsoft, this one does not support storage or memory expansion.
This is a lightweight laptop that comes with a detachable keyboard and trackpad. Weighing only 1.76 pounds. Although it is a full-blown laptop, it is as light as a tablet, which is one of the highlights of this machine. It means that an Android developer can easily create new applications and games even for coffee shops or other establishments and it can be carried in a bag.
Lastly, the laptop offers an astonishing battery life of up to 13.5 hours on a single charge with support for fast charging. Although it offers a good set of features, the Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a bit pricey compared to the competition. If you’re ready to spend a bit more, then this is the best laptop for Android developers should have.
Apple MacBook Air
- 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
- 8GB 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 128GB SSD storage
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
Lightweight, strong, durable, and high-end, the Apple MacBook Air is certainly a reliable choice for running Android Studio in 2021. The MacBook Air isn’t affordable at all though, but if you’re looking for a sustainable portable machine for your work, you can consider it.
This Apple laptop is the best if you are looking for productivity and battery life. The Apple Macbook Air 13 has the most sophisticated metallic finish, complemented by an aluminum casing. The magnificent display is accentuated by its 13-inch screen displaying a resolution of 1440 X 900 pixels. It is powered by a 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5 (with Turbo Boost up to 2.9 GHz), Intel HD Graphics 6000, and 8 GB of LPDDR3 Ram (1600 MHz). It runs on MacOS Sierra and uses a 128GB memory capacity on the SSD. This lightweight lappy is a must have for tech savvy people.
The MacBook Air features the Intel Core i5 processor with up to 16GB of memory and 1.5TB of SSD storage, which can deliver stable and consistent performance. In addition, with the excellent quality Retina display, you can also perform highly color-sensitive tasks.
Save in the spirit; If you like game development, you should avoid the Air model, as it does not offer any dedicated GPUs. For you, I have discussed the MacBook Pro model below. In terms of durability, Apple products are unmatched; the all-metal body design conveys supreme build quality. Plus, it’s pretty lightweight and offers up to 12 hours of battery life, which is amazing.
However, one thing that may bother you is the connectivity options, as it only offers two Thunderbolt 3 ports. Without a doubt, the Thunderbolt port is the best when it comes to data speed and versatility, but you will need more. ” An adapter or hub for connecting non-Type-C devices.
Lenovo Thinkpad E590
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM; Storage: 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, Professional Installation Service included)
- 15.6-Inch Anti-Glare (1366x768) Display with Front Facing HD Webcam | Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 - Supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C; Supports dual independent display; Max resolution: 1920x1080 (HDMI)@60Hz
- Whiskey Lake-U CPU: Intel Quad Core i5-8265U 1.6 GHz (Turbo 3.90 GHz, 4 Cores 8 Threads, 6MB SmartCache)
- Intel 9260 11ac, 2x2 + BT5.0 Combo | HD Webcam
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Ideal for Home, Professionals, Small business, School Education
The Lenovo ThinkPad series is well known for its superior reliability; that’s why many professionals like it. If you are looking for a budget and reliable laptop for Android application development, this laptop may be a viable option.
The ThinkPad E590 offers an Intel Core i5-8265U processor, as well as 16GB memory and a 512GB PCIe SSD; therefore, it can easily handle heavy multitasking. One of the best things about this ThinkPad is that it comes with a fantastic quality keyboard and is perfect for writers, programmers, or anyone who types a lot.
In terms of durability, the ThinkPad series won’t let you down. Plus, it comes with 180-degree swivel hinges, which prevent accidental damage when someone opens above the standard range. The E 590 offers the latest Type-C port, which supports screen output with the fastest data transfer speed. Also, this machine features a 15.6-inch anti-glare screen, which is sufficient for our Android programming work.
Unfortunately, the ThinkPad does not offer a dedicated GPU; therefore, it is not ideal for games.
HP Spectre x360
- HP Spectre x360 13T Cutting Edge GEM CUT Design - 8TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) four-way processing 1.80 GHz to 4.00 GHz with 8 MB SmartCache, high-efficiency performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Combo(MU-MIMO supported)
- IMPRESSIVE HD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3" Full HD touch screen (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) for hands-on control and IPS technology for wide viewing angles. 13.3" diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with NBT, HP Active Stylus Pen, USB-C port, Thunderbolt support & SD card reader
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE, Windows 10 PRO(Pre-installed by HP) 64 BIT, 16GB SDRAM (onboard), Bang & Olufsen Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, Fingerprint reader
- SLEEK, PORTABLE DESIGN with FREE 3 YEARS 1 DEVICE SUBSCRIPTION TO MCAFEE INTERNET SECURITY, AN ADVANCED ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, AWARD WINNING PROTECTION, BLOCKS VIRUSES, MALWARE, RANSOMWARE, SPYWARE, UNWANTED PROGRAMS, AND MORE, ALSO INCLUDES MCAFEE WEB ADVISOR AND MCAFEE PASSWORD MANAGER
This laptop is at the top of our list of best laptops for android development, which should come as no surprise to techies. After all, the laptop has outstanding specs, making it a popular choice among android programmers. Everything about it is built to perform at the greatest level, from the memory space to the screen resolution and even the RAM. You can tell this system is designed to serve you just by looking at its package.
The HP Spectre line has always had fantastic products, and the Spectre x360 2021 is no exception. In fact, this device takes things a step further in terms of making Android programming simpler and more effective. Apart from being one of the most attractive laptops on the market, the x360 is also quite durable on the inside, making it a win-win situation for anyone who acquires it.
HP clearly understood what they were doing when they equipped it with powerful Intel Whiskey Lake CPUs capable of handling even the most demanding tasks. They also made sure that it has a long battery life. Because of these features, it is without a doubt one of the best laptops for Android development on the market.
With a total RAM space ranging from 8 to 16 GB, you can be sure that the laptop won’t let you down when it comes to processing performance. A 13.3-inch full HD screen with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 is also included in the laptop. It has a storage capacity that ranges from 256GB to 2TB, making it a fantastic choice for any professional programmer who needs to store a lot of data.
HP Pavilion 15
- Fast Processor 10th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i5-1035g1 Processor quad-core 1 0 GHz Base frequency up to 3 6 GHz with Intel's) Turbo Boost Technology
- Display 15.6 Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366 x 768)
- Fast boot up with SSD Boot up in seconds transfer files without waiting hours and enjoy a snappier experience with the internal solid-state drive 512 GB pcie(r) nvme(tm) M 2 Solid State Drive
- 1 HDMI 1 4b 1 headphone/microphone combo 1 USB 3 1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s) 2 USB 3 1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only) 1 AC smart pin
- Windows 10 Home No DVD
The HP Pavilion 15 is one of the few laptops with a distinct focus. Most laptops in this price range have a strong processor but limited RAM and storage. This laptop, on the other hand, has 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD. It is appropriate for individuals who require a computer that is both quick and has a large amount of storage, such as an android developer with a large number of prior projects.
It sports a 15.6-inch touch-enabled display with a native resolution of 1366 x 768p. Most models at this price point have at least a 1080p display, however HP only provides a 720p display on this laptop, which is one of its flaws. However, because the CPU and GPU must drive fewer pixels, this machine’s total performance will be comparable to the competition. The HP Pavilion is powered by an Intel Core i5-1035G1 processor, which is a quad-core processor with a 3.5GHz peak clock speed and an integrated Intel UHD GPU for graphics-intensive activities.
With a weight of 4.99 pounds, this laptop is easy to transport and does not feel particularly hefty. Furthermore, a single charge can last up to 7 hours. Furthermore, it is capable of quick charging. Overall, this is a solid option for developing Android apps.
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; DTS X: Ultra-Audio; 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
The Acer Predator Helios 300 is primarily a gaming laptop, but it can also be used to develop Android apps. This laptop, unlike most others, has a 15.6-inch 1080p display with a 144Hz refresh rate. This means that an Android developer may quickly create apps and games for the new generation of smartphones with greater refresh rates, and the app can be tested on the machine at multiple refresh rates.
The Intel Core i7-10750H processor, which has 6 CPU cores and 12 threads, is one of Intel’s high-end 10th generation CPUs for laptops. It also includes the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 GPU, allowing it to comfortably run high-end games like Fortnite, PUBG, WOW, Civ 6, Overwatch, and others.
An android developer requires a laptop with plenty of memory, and this laptop meets that requirement with 16GB DDR4 RAM, which is 50 percent quicker than DDR3 RAM while also being power efficient. The gadget comes with 512GB of NVMe-based storage that can be readily upgraded to 1TB without breaking the bank.
Most gaming laptops struggle with battery life, but the Acer Predator Helios 300 is an exception. The laptop can last up to 6 hours on a full charge and includes multiple ports, including HDMI, SD card slot, and ethernet jack, which can be used to download and upload large files using a gigabit-speed wired internet connection. Finally, the laptop weighs 5.51 pounds, making it heavy and tough to transport on a regular basis.
Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
- Windows 10 Home
The Acer Aspire 15 is the best budget laptop for Android development in 2021, thanks to its Intel Core i5-8250U processor, 8GB memory, and 256GB SSD. The nicest part about this friend is that for this little price, it comes with an entry-level NVidia GPU. Furthermore, the Aspire E15 has a longer battery life, which is wonderful.
It’s a full-size laptop with a 15.6-inch display and a 1080p resolution, making it excellent for multitasking. When it comes to connectivity, you’ll find a USB Type-C port alongside HDMI, LAN, USB, and D-Sub ports, allowing you to connect an external display or storage device without difficulty.
Google Pixelbook Go
- Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours  so you don't need to carry a charger; when you do need a charge, get up to 2 hours of battery use in just 20 minutes so you can keep going 
- Lightweight Chromebook laptop that's barely 2 pounds and 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design making it easier to carry
- Protects your data passwords, and information with the Titan C security chip and built-in antivirus software; Chrome OS updates automatically to give you the latest features and security 
- Starts up in seconds so it's always ready when you are; the 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive powering everything you do
- Pixelbook Go is a quiet and comfortable laptop with a backlit keyboard ultra quiet keys, and and a spacious touchpad that only needs a light touch
A Chromebook could seem like an obvious choice for Android developers looking for the finest possible integration with Google’s software and services, as well as full support for running Android software natively. Many Chromebooks, on the other hand, are designed to be very economical, with lower-spec features and performance to keep the price down.
The Pixelbook Go is a step up from earlier models and is intended to compete with larger laptop makers. Although it still runs ChromeOS, which includes Google’s Android Studio development tools, the hardware is comparable to that of a typical Windows laptop. Linux applications can also be run.
The Google Pixelbook Go is without a doubt the greatest Chromebook ever created. It has an Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB or 16GB of RAM, and a huge and colorful 1,920 x 1,080 screen (or a 4K touch screen if you really want to show off). This all adds up to a superb laptop for programming, with performance comparable to most Windows 10 laptops and a battery that will keep the Pixelbook Go going long after many Windows 10 laptops have given up the ghost.