Last Updated on January 2, 2024 by LaptopResearcher
Acer Predator Helios 300
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots; 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
If you’re considering a career as a certified ethical hacker, penetration tester, or security analyst with a penchant for digital forensics, Debian-based Kali Linux is the best platform to consider. However, not all devices are good enough to run this Linux distribution and so it is advisable to focus on the proven Acer Predator Helios 300 is one of Best Laptops for Ethical Hacking.
Starting off, the Intel Core i7-10750H processor is one of the best choices for your exploit tools, vulnerability scanning, tracking, and stress testing processes. The new generation hexa-core SoC has all the resources up its sleeve to handle all the resources of Kali Linux without breaking a sweat. Also, most penetration tests are single-threaded, making the best use of turbo boost technology. This attribute allows the SoC to achieve the highest possible clock speeds of up to 5 GHz.
While the GPU doesn’t have a major role to play, the Predator Helios 300 still stacks up on the RTX 2060 graphics card, just to be on the more secure side. For some of the more complex penetration testing and wireless attack monitoring tasks, the CPU can easily offload some of the tasks to the existing GPU, considering the processing power offered by the parallel CUDA cores and 4GB of VRAM.
This latest Helios 300 model is now available with the 144Hz refresh rate IPS Full HD display, which is very versatile and can be used for multiple purposes. In terms of connectivity, you will not complain because it incorporates three USB 3.1 ports, USB Type-C port, HDMI, Mini DisplayPort and LAN port.
As a Kali Linux user, you need to prepare for the huge amounts of heat emanating. However, the exceptional thermal design associated with the Predator Helios 300 is a virtual lifesaver, courtesy of the AeroBlade fan and the symmetrical placement of the vents. The device tightens up a bit in the process and ends up weighing a little north of the 5-pound mark.
Compared to its previous model, it has many improvements in design, performance and durability. This is why it is one of the most popular laptops among professional gamers. Packed with solid performance and premium features, the Acer Predator could be a reliable mid-range option for ethical hackers. However, you have to deal with its heavy design.
ASUS VivoBook Pro
- Latest 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U 1.8GHz (Turbo up to 4.0GHz) Processor
- 17.3" Full HD Wide View display with 72% NTSC color gamut and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB discrete graphics for flawless visuals
- Slim 16.2" wide, 0.8" thin and portable footprint.Maximum RAM Supported: 32.00 GB; Battery: 42 Whrs 3 Cells Battery
- 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; Ergonomic backlit keyboard with number pad
- Comprehensive connections with USB-C (Gen1), USB 3.0 Type-A, USB 2.0, HDMI, & headphone/mic ports for every device
If you plan to run multiple tools and virtual machines on the largest screen, the Asus VivoBook 17.3 is one of the best options to consider. The laptop comes with many premium features that will tempt you to take this machine. It is equipped with a powerful 8th generation i7 processor with a 4.6 GHz turbo, plus 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD and a powerful 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050M graphics card.
The Asus VivoBook Pro is another great addition from ASUS to their Vivobook series and it looks perfect for Kali Linux. The incredible 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor will provide better speed and precision every time. With an incredible 17.3-inch Full HD panel and a sleek, super-sleek design, it’s more than one could ask for in a laptop.
It features a 16GB DDR4 RAM that can be expanded up to 32GB to provide even higher overall performance and speed. With a 256GB SSD storage capacity coupled with a 1TB hard drive, it is clearly enough for Kali Linux to run flawlessly. For a much more comfortable experience, it has been equipped with a backlit keyboard with a dedicated number pad. Also, for a much deeper and richer color on the screen, it has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card with an incredible 4GB of storage space. In connectivity options, it has USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, LAN, and SD card ports for seamless compatibility with a wide range of peripherals, displays, and projectors. Pricing is in the average range and affordable if you’re ready to add a few extra bucks to your budget.
The backlit keyboard lets you continue your development task even in low-light environments. The larger screen with powerful features can allow you to run multiple security venerability scan tools at the same time. The laptop has all the necessary hardware to turn it into a workstation. Buy this without thinking twice, if you are interested in software development.
Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
- Windows 10 Home
If you are a beginner and looking for an affordable machine for your ethical hacking, the Acer Aspire 15 could be a viable option. This friend is also available with Intel Core i3 and Core i7 processors, but I suggest the Intel Core i5 model with 8GB memory, 256GB SSD, and discrete Nvidia MX150 GPU. This variant has impressive processing power for this price range and can handle a variety of tasks. However, it can slow down during intense multitasking or high-end processing, but that goes without saying for this budget.
The best thing is that this machine comes with convenient upgrade options; therefore, you can expand the storage capacity and memory later. Additionally, it offers extensive connectivity options, including all three USB Type-A, HDMI, VGA, LAN, and USB Type-C ports along with a headphone jack.
The Aspire E15’s battery life is fantastic, it can last up to 15 hours on a single charge of standard web browsing. In general, if you have started hacking, this machine could be the best option in 2022 without spending a lot of money.
Dell Inspiron I5577
- 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, Base Frequency 2.8 GHz, Max Turbo Frequency up to 3.8 GHz)
- 16GB, 2400MHz, DDR4; up to 32GB (additional memory sold separately) [16G2D]
- 512GB Pie Solid State Drive , No Optical Drive option
- 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
Dell Inspiron is the best hacking desktop available on the market. It is portable, which makes it easy to carry. It’s slim at only about 23.3mm, it also has an easy-open design, and it’s lightweight. Dell I5577 has an optional backlit bottom mount keyboard that makes typing easier. It’s a budget hacker’s laptop. It’s packed with all the specs that the best pen testing laptop has. Dell I5577 is the 7th generation Intel Quad Core that is very responsive and has dominant performance when working on CPU intensive products, editing or playing games.
This best hacking computer has a robust design that has experienced millions of keystrokes, has opened and closed the lid 20,000 times, and has been subjected to a temperature of 65 degrees C for several hours. It has NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics with 4GB GDDR5 video memory. This allows you to play at higher settings with smooth gameplay, sharp details, and a more immersive on-screen experience. The Dell Inspiron has a 512GB PCle NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive for great storage, responsive performance, and stability.
Lenovo ThinkPad P52
This 15.6-inch ThinkPad is relatively heavy compared to the Dell Precision 5530 of choice for editors. Equipped with solid-state and hard drives, plus a touchscreen, it weighs about six pounds, compared to Dell’s four-thirty. But it’s a 3D rendering beast, ready to sweep through technical standard applications, including those for creating virtual reality (VR) worlds. Its maximum memory, 128 GB, is four times the ceiling of the Precision. As much as we like thin and light laptops, the P52’s stellar performance puts us back to the traditional 15.6-inch form factor. It’s our newest pick of editors in the mobile workstation category.
Obviously, not all workstation customers need to design virtual reality environments; an architect focused on 2D CAD applications can be perfectly satisfied with a thin and light model. But the ThinkPad P52’s formidable performance, along with everything from its build and keyboard quality to its range of options at time of order, puts it at the top of the class.
Lenovo Legion Y545 Gaming Laptop Computer
The Lenovo Legion Y545 is a simple laptop to use for hacking and identifying vulnerabilities in the system. It’s a full-featured gadget that can help you figure out if there’s been any unwanted access to the system.
This laptop’s FHD 15.6′′ panel is large enough to work for lengthy periods of time without discomfort. It comes with a 256GB solid-state drive for full multi-tasking and hacking capabilities. With a 4-hour battery life, this machine offers the best performance. Lenovo supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, two wireless technologies that allow you to safely connect to other devices. It comes with the Windows 10 operating system. You can, however, upgrade to Kali Linux, Parrot, DEFT, and other systems.
The laptop includes 16 GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash memory, allowing it to store hacking-related data and run several virtual machines. It also comes with an energy-saving LED lighting. Lenovo includes a USB 3.03 connector as well as a microphone/headphone jack.
HP Pavilion 15
- 15.6" Full HD IPS BrightView Micro-edge WLED-backlit Touchscreen (1920 x 1080) Display, Multi-touch Enabled
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 1.00GHz Quad-Core Processor (6MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 3.60GHz), Intel UHD Graphics
- 12GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer Up to 5 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DisplayPort 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge), 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader
- Built-in HP Wide Vision HD Webcam with Integrated Dual Array Digital Microphone, B&O PLAY with Dual Speakers, Backlit Keyboard, Intel Wireless-AC 9560 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Combo (Supporting Gigabit file transfer speeds), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 4.08 Pounds
The HP Pavilion 15 is a powerful laptop with a 15.6-inch full HD touch screen, making it ideal for professional hackers and cyber security specialists. Many ports are available on the notebook, including 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1, 1 x HDMI, and so on.
A dual array webcam with a digital microphone is included into the Pavilion 15. The operating system on the laptop is Windows 10 Home 64-bit by default. The weight of such a notebook is 4.08 pounds, making it quite convenient to transport from one location to another.
The illuminated keyboard and number pad on this HP laptop make typing more comfortable. It has a multi-format SD media card reader as well as a media drive. The 512GB Solid State Drive (SSD) in the HP notebook aids vulnerability assessment procedures. It also supports Bluetooth wireless communication technologies and DDR4 SDRAM memory types.
Intel UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory are included in the laptop. This small workstation can easily run two operating systems, such as Windows and Kali Linux.
Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14″ HD Business Laptop
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 RAM, storage: Toshiba 256B PCIe NVMe 2242 M. 2 SSD (seal is broken for upgrades only, Professional installation Service included)
- 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i5-8250U 1. 60 GHz Processor (Max Turbo 3. 40 GHz, 4 cores 8 threads, 6MB SmartCache)
- 14-Inch HD (1366x768), anti-glare, LED backlight, 220 nits, 16: 9 aspect ratio, 400: 1 contrast ratio| integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620: supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C; supports three independent displays; Max Resolution 4K: 4096x2304@60hz (USB Type-C); 4096x2160@30hz (HDMI)
- Intel wireless 8265AC (2x2) + Bluetooth V4. 1 | fingerprint reader | HD 720P Webcam
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - ideal for home, student professionals, small business, school education
Most ethical hackers consider the Lenovo ThinkPad line to be a favorite since it is specifically made for professional hackers rather than solo gamers or designers. Experts would always recommend the T480 14” for professionals, but the beast’s strong hardware will not disappoint the gamer in you if you enjoy playing games on weekends.
It has a rapid boot thanks to an Intel i5 processor with 6 MB cache, 16GB DDR4 RAM, and a powerful Toshiba 256 GB SSD. The 14″ HD Anti-Glare Display provides a quality viewing experience, while the integrated Intel UHD 620 graphics card supports the graphics.
It has an Intel wireless 8265AC (2X2) wifi card and Bluetooth 4.1 for seamless wireless transfer, an HDMI port that supports up to 40962160@30hz, and a USB Type C port that supports independent displays with a maximum resolution of 40962304@60hz. This laptop can be used for virtualization; it can run many VMWare workstations simultaneously to complete personal and corporate tasks. For all ethical hackers who enjoy playing games on occasion, we propose the Lenovo T480.
HP Pavilion x360
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 mobile processor 1.0GHz (with Max Turbo Speed of 3.6GHz);Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go. Intel Turbo Boost Technology delivers dynamic extra power when you need it.
- Beautiful 14" Full HD multitouch screen:The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Touch, tap, glide and make the most of Windows 10. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient WLED backlight.
- 8GB DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking; 256GB PCIe SSD + 16GB Optane Solid State Drive (PCI-e) Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more. Get up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive.
- 802.11ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate); 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only); 1 AC smart pin; 1 HDMI 1.4; 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit English brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
So the HP Pavilion, which is ranked second on the list, is equipped with a powerful Intel Core 8th generation i7-8550U CPU with a clock speed of 1.8GHz and a turbo speed of 4GHz. It is a cutting-edge processor that is ideal for data analysis and runs all types of software.
The HP Pavilion offers a 12GB DDR4 RAM and a 1TB hard drive for optimal performance and storage capacity. Your 1 TB hard disk can hold a lot of data, allowing you to save a lot of information that you can access later. It sports a 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS Bright View Screen with micro-edge and WLED-backlit touchscreen with a resolution of roughly (1920 x 1080).
If you simply need a laptop for hacking, this is the ideal laptop for you; but, if you need to play games, this is not the laptop for you. It has Intel HD Graphics 620, which is appropriate for running hacking applications. The laptop has a full-sized island-style backlit keyboard with numeric keys, as well as a lovely HP Digital Pen in natural silver color for touch celebration, all at a wonderful price.
It comes in a silvery-charming tint, with a sweets-matt plastic exterior, silver around the body, and a dark presentation bezel. This laptop is composed of ABS Plastic, which makes it lightweight and ideal for frequent travelers. The battery life is great; on a single charge, you can expect at least 6-7 hours of battery life. When undertaking strenuous chores that can drain the battery in 3-4 hours, don’t expect the same level of backup.
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565u Processor (Upto 4.6 gram Hz) | 12GB DDR4 Memory | 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display | NVIDIA GeForce MX250 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 1 USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Ports (one with Power off Charging), 1 USB 2.0 Port & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
- 802.11AC Wi Fi | Backlit keyboard | upto 9.5 hours battery Life
- Windows 10 Home. Maximum power supply is 65 Watts
IT ethical hackers prefer powerful, slim-trim laptops since they are faster in performance and easier to transport wherever they are needed. With its less expensive Aspire Series 5 notebook, Acer did a superb job of cramming the greatest hardware into a thin body. It has an Intel Core i7 processor from the 8th generation and 12 GB of DDR4 RAM.
The 512 GB NVMe SSD in the Acer Aspire 5 allows Windows 10 to boot quickly. The Acer Aspire 5 has a 15.6” FHD IPS panel for the best viewing experience, and the NVIDIA GeForce MX250 2 GB dedicated GPU will keep coding and CAD apps running efficiently.
It includes 1 USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 port, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (one with Power-off Charging), 1 USB 2.0 port, and 1 HDMI port with HDCP support when it comes to connectivity and ports. With this inexpensive laptop, Acer managed to surprise its consumers by including a backlit keyboard, an 802.11AC WiFi card for seamless wireless access, and an all-day battery. Overall, the Aspire 5 is a fantastic option for hacking and programming that fits all requirements.