Purchasing the best laptops for finance majors usually implies an all-encompassing area, with modeling, investing, trading, forecasting, accounting, and budgeting as key components. Depending on your personal and professional needs, whether you’re a business student, a financial management expert, a financial analyst, or an investment banker, your computer choices may differ. You wouldn’t have to lose sleep about expensive laptops, regardless of the type of your financial obligations, whether personal or commercial.
Instead, any mid-range laptop will suffice as long as you know exactly what resources, software solutions, and computing tools you’ll need. We would personally recommend Mint and Mvelopes if you are interested in old-school budgeting and cost tracking. QuickBooks, Sage, and Zoho are some of the most trusted options for mid-level accounting activities that worry corporations and startups.
To be in complete control of your bills and finances, you may need to use number-crunching tools and tax-based systems like Quicken and TurboTax. Aside from Kissflow, Xero, Oracle Financials Cloud, and a slew of other relevant and moderately demanding software solutions, finance majors and professionals in charge of corporate finances must rely on Kissflow for cloud-based management, Xero, Oracle Financials Cloud, and a slew of other relevant and moderately demanding software solutions.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is a premium laptop intended for business-minded users. Its soft-touch chassis, premium design, incredible battery and price make it more of a status symbol than a workhorse.
At 12.7 x 0.6 x 8.6 inches and 2.49 pounds, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon doesn’t stray too far from its predecessors in terms of size. If anything, the 2018 model is slimmer and smaller in design for portability. Other than that, what we loved is the battery capacity. It holds its charge for a whopping 15.5 hours, making it a great productivity machine for class work and professional office workloads.
Quick charge function, the battery can be charged to 80% in one hour. Lenovo also fits in with its legendary keyboard that ThinkPads are commonly known for. That means if you are one of those who write your class notes on your laptop, the keys should be comfortable enough for long hours of typing. Previous versions of Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon have been best in class when it comes to business laptops. And this year’s model is no exception, as Lenovo offers a slimmer and smaller design with virtually no compromises.
If you’re looking for one of the best Lenovo laptops with enterprise-grade capabilities, here’s an ace. Despite its small size, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon comes with almost all the features you need in a productivity machine, making it the best business laptop money can buy. Thanks to a battery life of up to 15.5 hours and a fast-charge function that returns the battery to 80 percent of its capacity in just one hour, the X1 Carbon is an ultrabook that allows you to keep working while on the go. This is the Best Laptops For Finance Majors in 2022.
Apple MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Chip
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
The Apple MacBook Pro is arguably the best laptop for specific finance tasks. Whether it’s financial modeling, business accounting, investment banking, analytics, stock trading, etc., this laptop can handle it with ease. As long as you are well versed in compatible software solutions like Quicken Premier, Banktivity, Turbo Tax, and more. While you may lose Windows 10 functionality for a short period of time, the macOS interface allows you to quickly gain perspective.
When it comes to processing performance, the Apple M1 8-Core makes the decisions with its excellent base clock speed of up to 3.2GHz. Since it’s a low-power processor, you don’t have to worry about throttling and performance bottlenecks. Apple also incorporates integrated 8-core graphics, precisely to enhance the visual projections and casual gaming capabilities.
When it comes to productivity, Apple incorporates a Magic keyboard that is best known for its excellent key travel. Other than that, you also have access to a strength trackpad, True Tone visual enhancement, powerful speakers, FaceTime webcam, and studio microphones. Despite boasting a durable chassis, it barely weighs 3.0 pounds. In addition to structural and functional innovation, there is the app-compatible floating touch bar followed by security-focused touch identification.
However, the aluminum-clad chassis leaves room for 2 Thunderbolt 4 slots and two USB 3.1 Gen 2 slots, to help you connect storage drives, printers, and other legacy peripherals with ease. Then again, the TB3 slots also double as USB charging hubs. This is the Best Laptop For Finance Majors in 2022.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
- Power to do what you want with up to 70% more speed than before and an 11th Gen Intel Core processor.
- Thin, light, elegant design in choice of two sizes: light, portable 13.5” or larger 15” that’s perfect for split-screen multitasking.
- Show your best side on video calls with sharp video and image quality, even in low light, thanks to a front-facing 720p HD camera.
- Enjoy theater-like sound for movies and shows with Omnisonic Speakers backed by immersive Dolby Atmos6.
- Be heard loud and clear on calls with dual far-field Studio Mics that capture your voice and reduce background noise.
Introducing – the smallest and lightest laptop on our list. Despite being a light laptop, this laptop did not let us down. The specifications and general appearance of this ultra-thin laptop have wowed us. This is a Microsoft-backed 13.5″ PixelSense HD Display laptop that has been lovingly designed and constructed. This laptop’s size and thickness make it one of the best travel-friendly laptops in 2021.
The Microsoft Surface Laptop is equipped with a 7th Generation Intel i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. This computer is tough enough to handle the daily and occasional (Photo/Video Editing & Gaming) tasks of any Finance major student. This laptop has a huge 128GB SSD for storing your important papers and booting up quickly. If you need additional storage, you can get the 256GB or 512GB version, but it will set you back more than $800. This laptop’s pricing, in my opinion, is the nicest of all – as is its outside appearance, and the sumptuous fabric-covered keyboard, which gives it a premium feel.
You’ll discover a powerful Intel HD Graphics 620 processor under the hood, which will give your editing game a boost like never before. Apart from everything else, the large keyboard is the most important quality of this laptop (for a finance student). With this premium quality keyboard, hours of research and data collection won’t be as tedious — it helps increase productivity. Overall, this is the best laptops for finance professionals.
Dell XPS 15 9500
- 62% larger touchpad, 5% larger screen, and 5.6% smaller footprint
- 16:10 FHD+ edge to edge display equipped with DisplayHDR 400 and Dolby Vision
- Integrated Eyesafe display technology
- Quad speaker design with Waves Nx audio
- High-polished diamond-cut sidewalls
We hardly talk about aesthetics when we talk about professionally relevant laptops. However, structural design has a role to play when it comes to financial laptops, as both professionals and students must carry the device. Depending on the circumstances, the premium Dell XPS 15 7590 finds a place on our list, best known for the metal-clad chassis and enviable design. Powered by the latest Comet Lake-H processors from Intel, the XPS 15 will absorb just about any workload you put into it.
Equipped with a generation Intel Core i7-10875H and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, the Dell XPS 15 definitely falls into what we would call the “prosumer” market. It’s not powerful enough that professional video editors or 3D artists are going to accept it, but it’s definitely powerful for anyone who does those things for a hobby, or just doesn’t want to be slowed down by whatever computing task they might run. within. And while the GTX 1650 Ti is technically a gaming GPU, the Dell XPS 15 is definitely not a gaming laptop, and the thin and light chassis design doesn’t really extend to extended gaming sessions where the heat could cause performance problems.
When it comes to processing power, the Intel Core i7-9750H chipset takes center stage. The hexa-core CPU assumes the highest possible clock speed of up to 4.5GHz, which is good enough for almost all financial software solutions, including those from Xero, QuickBooks, and more. Dell also brings a mid-range GTX 1650 GPU to tackle most of your leisure pleasures.
Combining astonishing power in a sleek slim and lightweight chassis, this laptop doesn’t stop when it comes to internals and features that enhance your overall computing experience, making it one of the best business laptops. Among those incredible features are a beautiful bright display with 500 nits of brightness, an extremely comfortable keyboard, impressive speakers, and an excellent trackpad. We’re not saying this laptop is perfect, but our coveted 5 out of 5 rating should speak for itself.
The Dell XPS 15 is probably the deepest annual glow we’ve seen in a laptop. At this point, it’s probably the fanciest Windows laptop on the market, and it definitely even gives the MacBook Pro a run for its money.
Microsoft Surface Book 3
- Most powerful Surface laptop yet, with quad-core powered, 10th Gen Intel Core processors. More than 50% faster than Surface Book 2 13.5”.
- Power when you need it. Up to 15.5 hours battery life  — plus improved standby that extends battery life when you’re away.
- The connections you need, including USB-A, USB-C, and full-size SD card slot.
- High-resolution PixelSense touchscreen display. Also available in 15”.
- Free Upgrade to Windows 11 when available (see below).
Microsoft’s Surface Book 3 is probably the most innovative 2-in-1 on the list, best known for the detachable display and class-leading aesthetic design. Unlike some of the other smaller screen laptops on the market, the Surface Book 3 is awfully closer to a standard laptop, thanks to a cleaner design and increased security. With an advanced mechanical locking system for the keyboard base, powerful graphics processing, multiple cameras and batteries, and a brilliant near 4K display, Surface Book 3 is a great and innovative detachable laptop.
If Microsoft-designed mobile PCs are the essence of the Windows computing experience, and the Surface Book is Microsoft’s flagship, then the Surface Book 3 has a reasonable claim to be the ultimate Windows mobile device. This detachable 2-in-1 notebook offers without a doubt the best combination of unique features, operating mode flexibility, computing power, and portability of any Microsoft PC. With an advanced mechanical locking system for the keyboard base, powerful graphics processing, multiple cameras and batteries, and a choice of two screen sizes, Surface Book 3 is a category-defying device for the few laptop buyers. that they can afford it and realize their full potential.
Surface Book 3 comes in 13.5-inch or 15-inch screen sizes and many different internal component configurations. The entry-level 13.5-inch version has a 10th-generation Intel Core i5 processor with Iris Plus graphics, a 256GB solid-state drive (SSD), and 8GB of memory. The display alone weighs just 1.59 pounds, though that increases to 3.38 pounds when you plug in the keyboard dock. The entry-level version measures 0.51 by 12.3 by 9.14 inches (HWD), with the keyboard base bringing the overall height to 0.9 inches. Other options for the 15-inch Surface Pro 3 include an Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000 GPU and a 1TB or 2TB SSD. While the Quadro RTX 3000 isn’t much more powerful for general use than the GTX 1660 Ti in our review unit (both have the same 6GB of GDDR6 memory), it could benefit software vendor-certified professional application users. independent (ISV). They are specifically designed to work with Quadro chips.
Surface Book 3 is an ambitious device that seeks to combine the best qualities of all three current laptop genres in one machine that does it all. Digital artists and professionals on the go who need the flexibility of a detachable tablet and some significant graphics horsepower will likely appreciate it more. But anyone with deep enough pockets could delight in the unique capabilities of this category-defying device. There is nothing like the Surface Book 3, from Microsoft or any other mainstream laptop manufacturer. It has a credible claim to be the latest Windows device. This is the best laptop for finance students.
Dell Inspiron 15
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY: The Dell Inspiron 15 3501 i7 laptop is designed with an FHD (1920 x 1080) anti-glare narrow border WVA display
- PROCESSING POWER: The latest 11th Generation Intel Core processors with Iris Xe Graphics provide incredible responsiveness for a smooth multitasking experience
- COMFORTABILITY: Work in comfort with this i7 laptop thanks to a lift hinge that raises your device to an ergonomic angle, providing a more comfortable typing experience
- BETTER BATTERY: Minimize the amount of time you spend plugged into an outlet with ExpressCharge, which recharges your battery in a flash (up to 80% in 60 minutes*)
This gadget is for the individual who requires a laptop, which is typically used by a business analyst. Inspiron 15 can help you without interfering with your daily routine. The device has a 10th generation Intel Core i5 processor with 16GB RAM. This gadget has a large storage capacity, with a 256GB hard disk. With flawless multitasking and outstanding response, the gadget is the ideal laptop for investment banking.
The screen on the laptop is a 15.6-inch high-definition display with vibrant visuals. DELL provides an antiglare display to protect the user’s eyes from radiation. It also produces a picture that is crisp, bright, and easy to see. With features including an HD webcam, a card reader, a good quality headset, and a full-size back keyboard, this gadget runs well with Windows 10 and is the finest Laptop for investors. Stereo speakers with maximum sonic waves are also a standout feature.
Acer Aspire 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3.6GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory | 512GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | NVIDIA GeForce MX350 with 2 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- Windows 10 Home
You don’t need to break the bank to get a good laptop for finance studies. There are a few budget options that will still help you get things done faster while still enjoying some entertainment. The Acer Aspire 5 is a good example.
While its low price tag attracts some performance compromises, the Aspire 5 doesn’t throw it all at the dogs. You’ll still get plenty of power, a bright screen, long battery life, and great design for a forgiving price. Unlike most low-priced laptops, the Acer Aspire 5 has a premium design reminiscent of high-end models. The silver and aluminum hood gives it a sleek aesthetic with a surprising dose of portability. Although it’s bulkier than some recommendations in this guide given its large screen, we still bill that the Aspire 5 fits the bill for a travel laptop.
The Intel Core i5-1035G1 takes center stage when it comes to processing requirements. Despite being an entry-level i5 chipset, it can still take on a decent enough turbo clock speed of up to 3.6GHz. So apps like QuickBooks, Mint, and Microsoft Office work perfectly fine, as long as there’s a decent amount of RAM available to help the mobile SoC.
Acer also brings the dedicated MX350 GPU into the mix. With 2GB of VRAM, this graphics card is quite capable of running almost all entry-level AAA titles with ease. In terms of system memory, the Aspire 5 comes equipped with 8GB of ultra-fast RAM, which is more than adequate for finance students and mid-level professionals. Also, if storage is one of your priorities, Acer offers a 512GB SSD module that you can trust.
Additionally, as the storage drive is NVMe-compliant, the boot speeds of the Windows 10 operating system are enviable fast compared to hard drives. In terms of screen size and quality, Acer persists with a 15.6-inch panel. Although it doesn’t have touch support on it, the cumulative resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and Color Intelligence technology add to the visual clarity.
However, finance professionals can take full advantage of the extensive connectivity suite, which includes Type-C, USB 2.0, HDMI, Type-A, and the Wi-Fi AX standard with Intel technology. On top of that, the Aspire 5 fully lives up to the portability quotient, courtesy of the 8-hour battery backup. So, for the given price, there is no better financial laptop on the market than the Acer Aspire 5.
HP Pavilion 15 Business Laptop Computer
- [POWERFUL PERFORMANCE]: The HP Pavilion Laptop is powered with the latest 10th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Eight-way processing, Up to 3.6GHz) and 16GB high-bandwidth DDR4 memory, powerful processing for advanced multitasking, demanding computing, smooth gaming, multiple tabs browsing, and everyday tasks. 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD (15x faster than HDD, stay cool and quiet) offers ample storage, quick boot-up times, fast data access, and improves the overall performance
- [PREMIUM DESIGN]: The slim and portable HP laptop is only 0.7 inch thin and 4 lb light, and you can work seamlessly, anywhere. With premium aluminum build, the PC is extremely durable and designed to last. All-metal finish gives it a sharp, polished look—from the elevated keyboard (for comfort typing) to the new narrow bezel design. Battery life up to 11 hours with HP Fast Charge. Every detail is crafted for comfort and style, with all the power you need to get things done
- [STUNNING VISUALS]: 15.6 inch HD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-Backlit touchscreen display delivers a clear, crispy image that’s easy on your eye. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Integrated Intel UHD Graphics gives you a new level of graphics performance with vibrant, lifelike color and details for internet use, photo/video editing, streaming, and gaming. Natural finger-touch navigation together with backlit keyboard makes the most of Windows 10
- [COLLABORATION READY]: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (best version of Windows OS, optimal for Business and Education) protects your data with enterprise-grade security, boosts productivity with powerful management tools, and keeps going with long battery life. Powerful Wi-Fi 5 (3x faster than Wi-Fi 5) + Bluetooth 5 supports Gigabit speed and smooth streaming of high-resolution videos, a 720p HD Webcam and B&O audio/speaker system ready for remote work, virtual meeting, and online class
HP Pavilion 15 pc delivers top notch execution, momentous show, or more ordinary battery time for conquering targeted power in the area of money related showing. Inside, you can observe Thunderbolt 3’s shortcoming.
As you are probably aware, carrying out various tasks is commonplace in the realm of financial and business presentations. Along similar lines, you can observe how today’s 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 CPUs give mind-blowing performance within this machine. It also comes with 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD storage for further laptop display redesigning.
This computer features an unheard-of 15.6-inch full HD small edged display to expand your acting perspective. You’ll also notice the high-quality Intel Iris Xe reasonable card interior, which will allow you to dominate the show and eliminate lags while performing your job.
Acer Aspire E15 Notebook
The Acer Aspire E 15 is a great budget-friendly option that offers great value for money. If you need a trustworthy laptop, the Acer Aspire E15 is the best option. Don’t be fooled by the price; you have the ability to deliver. It’s a realistic and practical alternative for managing all of your investment and trading applications and instruments.
The Acer Aspire E15 boasts a 2.2GHz Intel Core i5 processor, 6GB of dual-channel storage, Windows 10 Home OS, and a 13.5-hour battery life. I can’t say enough about how brilliant the graphics are and how crisp the audio is. It’s a basic, large, and hefty design, but it gets the job done. It starts slowly and has a slower CPU than comparable laptops, but it’ll enough for your connectivity and storage requirements. Connectivity and other financial applications should be fine at the same time as long as you don’t undertake any 3D chores. It’s incredible, but it’s not deceptive.
In general, the Acer Aspire is a good choice for those on a tight budget. It’s ideal if you’re just getting started with investing and need a machine that’s both trustworthy and efficient.
Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive 13.9-inch 3K touchscreen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, only 0.57-inch thin and weighs only 2.93 lbs., perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition with no bloatware. 8th Gen Intel Core i7 8550U processor + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 - boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000 resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 260 PPI allow you to see vivid details when viewing HD content. 2nd Gen Dolby ATMOS for immersive audio
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on the notebook, finish identity authentication through Windows Hello and access the desktop in less than 8 seconds. Bluetooth - Bluetooth 4.1
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port. Includes 1 year Office 365 Personal and 1 year manufacturer warranty.60Hz refresh rate
The Huawei MateBook X Pro, which is built in China, has a beautiful display, a nice keyboard, great audio, and even a USB-C dock. The solid polished build, lightweight chassis, 8th Gen processor, and memory are among the attributes that make it one of the best laptops for finance majors.
The Matebook X Pro is a total enticing package, to say the least. It comes at a low cost and has enough of connections for connecting your gadgets. This new starter laptop comes with an Intel Core i5-8550U processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 16GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD storage drive.
The MateBook X Pro has a stunning display with a wide range of colors. It boasts a screen resolution of 3000 x 2000 pixels, which is ideal for any digital professional and everything in between. When it comes to performance, the story takes a turn for the better.
The MateBook X Pro has an Intel i7-8850U processor, which is a decent boost from the flagship laptop’s Core i5-8250U. All of the components work together to create a laptop that is both functional and attractive. Not to mention the healthy port system, which includes the cutting-edge Thunderbolt 3 USB-C port. The MateBook X Pro is a great deal if you’re searching for a high-end slash stylish laptop that can manage your finance tasks and everything in between.
Lenovo Yoga Book
- THINNEST AND LIGHTEST: At less than 2 lbs, it's the world's thinnest and lightest 2-in-1 android tablet *Based on Lenovo’s internal analysis as of 8/18/16 of 10.1” or greater 2-in-1 computers (sold with keyboard)
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: This portable computer has a 64GB SSD hard drive and 4 GB LP DDR3 of RAM, plus an epic 15 hour battery life on one charge
- PRODUCTIVITY: Instantly digitize your notes with the Real Pen stylus or transform your device into a notebook computer with the Halo keyboard that appears only when needed
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: This 10 inch tablet has a Full High Definition crystal-clear touchscreen display plus built-in dual speakers perfect for binge-watching TV and movies on-the-go
- ENDLESS OPTIONS: Do more with one notebook - type, take notes, browse the web, even draw
If you’re on a tight budget, the Lenovo Yoga Book is a laptop from the future that can help you with your money problems. It has the most cutting-edge design we’ve seen in a laptop in a long time. Lenovo’s virtual HALO keyboard and clever writing surface are obvious indications that the company is continually pushing boundaries.
There’s no actual keyboard here; instead, there’s a beautiful virtual one with lit, futuristic-looking keys that look like they came straight out of a sci-fi film. The main feature, however, is that the display also functions as a virtual keyboard and an electromagnetic resonance (EMR) writing surface, allowing you to sketch or scribble down notes. Simply said, you can doodle or write all of your class notes as you would on a notepad.
The processor and RAM, on the other hand, are another highlight of this system. The Lenovo Yoga Book boasts an Intel Atom x5-x5-Z8550 processor and 4GB of RAM, which are the device’s two primary drawbacks. As is, these components limit this laptop’s capabilities to light-duty jobs like note-taking, online browsing, and office productivity. Users will have to put up with subpar performance as a result of this. You may now rule out gaming and any other graphics-intensive task or program. If you’re a student on a tight budget, it’s not such a bad thing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of processor should you look for in a finance laptop?
An Intel Core i5 CPU, ideally from the U-series, can be considered if your usage patterns are limited to specific finance software such as Mint, Turbo Tax, and even Tiller Money for budgeting and spreadsheet management. However, if you’re a high-end expert doing AI forecasting, you’ll need an i7 processor or at the very least AMD’s Ryzen 5 model.
Is a MacBook good enough for finance professionals?
Great hardware-software synergy and the stability of macOS, almost any MacBook is suitable for finance professionals. However, because of the class-leading chipset, you should consider acquiring the new MacBook Air M1, which brings professional productivity to a whole new level.
How much RAM is usually preferred by finance professionals on their laptops?
While 8GB of RAM is the basic minimum for any professional processor, let alone financial management, opting for the 16GB RAM is a safer decision. Because corporate finance needs you to work with large amounts of data and information while concurrently launching multiple other tasks, 16GB RAM is essential for finance experts.