Most of you are probably aware that SketchUp is one of the most widely used 3D modeling programs on the market. So, in general, Sketchup has a wide range of uses, ranging from simple aesthetic work to complex 3D designs created by professionals.
SketchUp is a 3D modeling application that is extensively used in tasks such as interior design, architecture, and landscape architecture. Sketchup is one such program that is now widely used by civil engineers.
Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple M1 Pro or M1 Max chip for a massive leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Up to 10-core CPU delivers up to 2x faster performance to fly through pro workflows quicker than ever
- Up to 32-core GPU with up to 4x faster performance for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for up to 5x faster machine learning performance
- Longer battery life, up to 21 hours
This is without a doubt the best laptop for Sketchup in 2022, and we would recommend it to anyone working in the creative area. Macbooks are famed for their smoothness, dependability, and, of course, their long battery life. When it comes to the all-new Apple MacBook Pro 16, this laptop features a stunning 16-inch liquid Retina XDR display with stunning images.
When it comes to the processor, this laptop is powered by a strong 10-core Apple M1 Pro microprocessor with 16GB of RAM. Apple’s Mac OS, for those who don’t know, is so perfectly tuned that it doesn’t require a lot of RAM to run. The visuals are handled by a 16-core Apple M1 Pro GPU, and the laptop also includes Apple’s unique touch ID for added ease.
On the storage front, we have a 512GB ultra-fast SSD for all of your storage requirements. Furthermore, the battery life on this device is particularly excellent, with up to 21 hours of battery life on a single charge. We nearly had six distinct applications open during our testing, yet thanks to the well-optimized Mac OS, we didn’t experience even a smidgeon of lag.
Razer Blade 15
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Graphics for Stunning Visuals: Built on NVIDIA’s award-winning 2nd-gen RTX architecture, these GPUs provide the most realistic ray-traced graphics and cutting-edge AI features for the most powerful graphics in a gaming laptop.
- Intel 11th Gen 8-Core CPU for All-out Gaming Performance: Run the heaviest AAA titles and creation tasks without breaking a sweat, and activate Intel Turbo Boost Technology for a jolt of speed that brings the i7 processor up to 5.1GHz.
- Next-gen Displays to Meet Your Needs: Go with ultra-fast 360Hz FHD for competitive gaming, OLED UHD for creative work with 4K clarity, or a 165z QHD display for the best of both worlds.
- Vapor Chamber Cooling for Maximized Thermal Performance: The laptop quietly and efficiently dissipates heat through the evaporation and condensation of an internal fluid, keeping it running smoothly and coolly even under intense loads.
- Advanced Connectivity for Greater Convenience: With built-in WiFi-6 and a UHS-III SD card slot, you can cut down on adapters and travel light.
The Blade 15 appears to have been deliberately designed by Razer to complement the passions of architects, animators, and engineers, with its mind-blowing performance and delicate appearance.
This model has an ultra-slim aluminum body that weighs only 4.6 pounds. When you combine it with the 8-hour battery life, you get a portable device that is safe to carry around and is location-agnostic. Our laptop’s portability is one of the main reasons for its inclusion on this list.
There’s no 3D model that this bad boy can’t handle on the inside, thanks to a stunningly capable 6-core 10th Gen Intel Core i7 processor that can turbo-boost to 5.0GHz! You won’t have to wait hours for even the finest quality renders to appear with the NVIDIA RTX 3070.It has 16GB of RAM, which allows it to transition between numerous tabs, apps, and windows at the same time (you can say goodbye to the irritating lags). Multiple projects, source files, references, and pretty much anything else can be stored on the 512GB SSD storage. The 15.6-inch 4K OLED Touch display provides consumers with improved color, contrast, and shadows. It captures all of the small details, and the curves look to be much smoother.
The only drawback is that the laptop heats up when used frequently, and the fans can become quite noisy. However, when it comes to SketchUp laptops, with its great display and powerful GPU, this is one of the best computer for Sketchup.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3
- 【Intel 10th Generation i5 Processor】Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor(4-Core, 1.0 GHz Up to 3.6 GHz, 6 MB Cache), Intel Iris Xe Graphics with shared graphics memory.
- 【17.3” HD Display】17.3-inch HD (1600x900) Anti-glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Narrow Border Display. Watch what you love in all its clarity with detail and saturated colors from edge to edge thanks to the 17.3" HD display.
- 【16GB RAM】Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs at the same time. It gives you enormous space to save all of your files. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage.
- 【512GB PCIe SSD】Boot up in seconds, get to files faster, and have room for loads of files with the lightning-quick solid state drive. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY.
- 【Windows 10 Pro & 32GB USB Card bundle】Windows 10 Pro, the best version of Windows OS and built for business and education use. Protect your data with enterprise-grade security, login from any device anywhere, and boost productivity with powerful management tools. 32GB USB from Best To Buy.
The Lenovo IdeaPad 3 never fails to impress architects, engineers, animators, and anybody else using SketchUp, thanks to the best mix of performance and reliability for this amount of money — here’s why.
The laptop is powerful enough for entry-level 3D modeling and motion graphics, thanks to its Intel Core i5 processor and integrated Intel UHD Graphics. You may also run many tabs while working on your designs thanks to the 16GB RAM onboard. The 512GB SSD storage is cost-effective and provides fast transfer rates. So far, everything has gone well.
The laptop has a 17.3-inch FHD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which provides great color reproduction for complicated drawings. The biggest advantage of this panel is its 350 nits brightness. With it, you may take a break from designing in a traditional indoor atmosphere and work outside in a brightly illuminated area—whatever is required. It has a battery life of up to 9 hours, which leaves its competitors in the dust. You won’t have to worry about the gadget shutting down in the middle of a design project or staying close to a power outlet at all times.
The only drawback is that when the fans are working hard, they can become quite noisy. There are no signs of overheating, which is excellent news. To summarize, the Lenovo IdeaPad 3 is a worthy consideration thanks to its long-lasting battery and powerful performance.
Asus ROG Strix Scar III
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 8GB GDDR6 (Base: 1110MHz, Boost: 1335MHz, TDP: 80W)
- Latest 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H Processor
- 240Hz 15.6” Full HD 1920x1080 IPS Type Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD | Windows 10 Home | Gigabit Wave 2 Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac 2x2)
- ROG Intelligent Cooling thermal system with dual 12V fans, anti-dust technology, and adjustable fan modes
The best laptop for sketchup on our list is the popular ROG series laptop from Asus, best known for its exceptional processing power and more gaming-oriented spec sheet. However, there aren’t many laptops. mainstream market that can match the 3D modeling and rendering performance of the ROG Strix Scar III. At the core, you get the powerful Intel Core i7-9750H chipset. As 3D modeling requires excellent single-core performance and higher frequencies, the mentioned i7 processor is probably the ideal solution. The turbo clock speed of up to 4.50 GHz ensures that the laptop can handle the most complex design, drawing and modeling requirements. However, the existing processor, thanks to 6 cores and 12 threads with Hyper-threading technology at the helm, is also a cutting edge option for advanced photorealistic 3D rendering.
High-end NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU with 8 GB of RAM that works in tandem with the on-chip integrated GPU to handle more advanced renderings via third-party plugins. Not only that, this GPU is also a powerful resource if you plan to indulge in high-end gaming after your professional 3D design task on SketchUp is done for the day. As for memory allocation, RAM 16 GB is offered, capable of handling larger 3D models without bottlenecks. Besides system memory, the gadget is equipped with a 1TB SSD module based on NVMe technology that allows you to store presets, samples, 3D warehouses, migrated data and other program data sets without hit a roadblock. As for the operating system, you get Windows 10, straight out of the box.
If you like SketchUp, the 15.6-inch Full HD display should be the perfect fit for you. As a 3D designer, you can view models with perfection on the IPS panel displaying a cumulative resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Nearly 80% display-to-body ratio, thanks to thinner bezels. However, if you’re a video game designer, the 240Hz refresh rate and 3ms overdrive response time can help you check game speeds and frame rates. The existing laptop makes interactions easier with its durable, WASD-compatible keyboard. For the most enthusiastic users, per-key RGB support is a great virtue to further customize the gadget. On top of that, Asus also has a responsive touchpad, powerful speakers, an outstanding webcam, and serviceable microphones.
The standout feature, however, is the cooling technology enhanced by the multiple operating modes, triple radiator configuration, ADC cooling technology, and intelligent thermal layout. The gadget, as evident, is not the lightest on the market at 5.67 pounds. However, there are 7 ports to work with, including USB Type-C, HDMI 2.0b, USB 3.1, and many more. Asus also makes room for exceptional wireless standards and a sizable battery, capable of lasting up to 6 hours, on moderate use. Overall, the Asus ROG Strix Scar III is one of the most sought-after gadgets on the market for SketchUp users or any professional associated with 3D modeling, rendering, and other similar tasks. Asus ROG is the Best Laptops For Sketchup in 2022.
Acer Predator Helios 300
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Upto 4. 5 gramHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15. 6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M. 2 Slots | 1 Slot Open for Easy Upgrades) & 1 - Available Hard Drive Bay
- Backlit Keyboard | LAN: Killer Gaming Network E2500 | Wireless: Killer DoubleShot Pro Wireless-AX 1650 WiFi 6 802. 11ac | 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
The Helios 300 comes with an 8th generation Intel Core i7-8750H processor, 16 GB of RAM, a 256 GB SSD drive and a dedicated Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card. It also has a stunning Full HD IPS display of 15.6 inch, which produces crisp and precise colors. The screen also has a 144Hz refresh rate, which is a nice feature if you’re into gaming. The Intel Core i7-9750H even reappears on this device and ensures that 3D modeling and rendering tasks are handled easily. As modeling is a frequency intensive task, the turbo clock speed of up to 4.50 GHz appears to be a handy resource. Demanding tasks like conceptual and photorealistic rendering are taken care of by the 6 processor cores and the innovative GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GPU integrated with 6 GB of VRAM. Acer ensures that working with multiple workflows, datasets and 3D models is easier with the 16 GB RAM. When it comes to storage, you can count on the scalable 512 GB solid state drive.
The Predator Helios ensures that 3D modeling and rendering are visually thrilling experiences thanks to the 15.6 inch Full HD display. The cumulative resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels is worth mentioning, followed by In-Plane Switching technology. What stands out is the wide screen viewing experience that helps you get a close look at interiors and walkthroughs without missing out on details. Acer takes productivity to a new level with a WASD-enabled backlit keyboard and a silky smooth touchpad. Powerful speakers are built into this laptop, featuring innovative MaxxAudio technology. Apart from that, you also get an HD webcam and purified voice microphones. Acer also takes device cooling to a whole new level with next-generation 3D fans that provide better heat dissipation. Comes with USB Type-C, USB 3.1 Gen 1, HDMI 2.0 and other functional ports. Connectivity is provided by Killer Wi-Fi 6, Gig Ethernet and exceptional wireless standards.
The build quality is also pretty good and the laptop is relatively portable, as far as gaming laptops go, weighing 5.51 lbs. However, the typical aggressive “gamery” design may be too much of a stretch for some people, especially if you need a laptop to work. You should also note that the battery only lasts for 7 hours at best, which is quite understandable given that the Helios 300 comes with a full hexacore processor. Therefore, if you are looking for a powerful mid-range laptop to run SketchUp, the Acer Predator Helios 300 is one of the most preferred options out there. Acer Predator Helios 300 is the Best Laptops For Sketchup in 2022.
HP Omen 15
- Hyper-Realistic Graphics For Laptop Gaming: Nvidia Geforce Rtx 2070 (8 Gb Gddr6 Dedicated) With Max-Q For Power And Efficiency Combined, Nvidia Studio Driver Delivers Multi-App Reliability. Cutting-Edge Nvidia Turing Architecture Immerses You In Incredible Realism And Gaming Laptop Performance. Vr And Mixed Reality-Ready. 15.6-Inch Diagonal Full Hd Ips Anti-Glare Micro-Edge Wled-Backlit Display (1920 X 1080) With 144Hz Refresh Rate, 78% Screen To Body Ratio
- Country Of Origin : China
- Higher Bandwidth Memory, Fast Ssd And Single Access Panel: 16 Gb Ddr4-2933 Mhz Sdram (2 X 8 Gb, 2 Accessible Memory Slots Upgradable To 64 Gb, 2 X 32 Gb) & 512 Gb Pcie Nvme M.2 Ssd (2 Accessible M.2 Slots). Easy Access To Your Gaming Laptop Internals Make Upgrades And Maintenance Simple
- Thin, Lightweight, & Portable Gaming With Long Battery Life: Crafted With An All-Metal Design, Polished Accents, And Quality Materials Built To Last. 5.43 Lb; 14.17 In (W) X 10.35 In (D) X 0.79 In (H); Up To 6 Hours And 15 Minutes (Mixed Usage), Up To 3 Hours And 30 Minutes (Video Playback), Up To 3 Hours (Wireless Streaming), 6-Cell, 69 Wh Li-Ion Polymer Battery
The new and improved HP Omen 15 is a revolutionary device in professional productivity. Although the Omen series is generally praised for its high-end gaming laptops, the affected device can easily handle programs like SketchUp, Maya, Blender, etc. without setbacks. The Intel Core i7-10750H processor supports single-core and multi-core performance. Since 3D modeling is more of a frequency intensive process, the turbo clock speed of up to 5 GHz should work great. However, for rendering and simulations, the hexa-core architecture is a great advantage.
NVIDIA’s RTX 2070 GPU is one of the best consumer GPUs on the market, capable of supporting mental ray and photorealistic rendering while supporting AI-assisted graphics-intensive tasks, especially when running BIM programs. Built-in 8GB VRAM lets you decipher complex textures and add clarity to the most complex renderings. What else do you need? It comes with 16GB of dual channel RAM capable of handling multiple tasks and workflow programs with minimal effort. However, if you want to install external stations, the existing RAM module can still be upgraded. Next up is the Super Fast 512GB Solid State Drive.
The 15.6-inch display is exceptionally dynamic and offers a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. What stands out is the micro-edge panel, which translates to a screen-to-frame ratio of almost 78%. The existing screen is also equipped with anti-glare properties.
Dell XPS 15 9500
- 62% larger touchpad, 5% larger screen, and 5.6% smaller footprint
- 16:10 FHD+ edge to edge display equipped with DisplayHDR 400 and Dolby Vision
- Integrated Eyesafe display technology
- Quad speaker design with Waves Nx audio
- High-polished diamond-cut sidewalls
The xps 9560 7001slv pus laptop comes with a 15.6in Full HD display and I have to admit it’s the best display on this whole list. He has very few glasses and is very sexy and stylish to look at. The XPS 15 comes with 512GB SSD storage and 16GB DDR4 RAM. The processor offered by Dell on this machine is quite powerful, namely Intel Core i7-8750H. The laptop is equipped with a GTX 1050Ti graphics card that can play most games at moderate to high settings at reasonable frame rates per second.
The laptop weighs 4.4 pounds (about 2 kg), which can be light for some people and heavy for others. You have to decide. In my personal opinion, I would say it is quite portable. The battery life of this XPS 15 is quite satisfactory. You can get a little over 6 hours for using it for non-gaming purposes and for gaming and other heavy-duty tasks you can get around 2 hours which is pretty decent.
PCIe NVMe SSDs are pretty common these days, so it’s no surprise this one has it too, but 1TB of PCie NVMe grade is pretty rare. Enough to store just about all projects over a four year period. Note that you can also install a separate hard drive on top of the SSD to have the 2TB SSD + HDD combo. If you don’t have the money to afford the 32GB + 1TB combo. Take the version 256GB + 16GB if you want, then upgrade much later if you see the need.
What really sets any Dell XPS 15 model apart from a full-fledged workstation laptop are the graphics cards – they typically revolve around a 1050-1650TGTX. While they are nothing like the RTX series with their tensor cores / RT cores, they are really good enough to handle all the projects / files / software you will come across in school. In fact, to our knowledge, benchmark studies have shown that the RTX series does not offer much benefit in rendering performance. If you want to go higher than the 1070 / 1080Ti, maybe this is a better choice. Dell XPS 15 is the Best Laptops For Sketchup in 2022.
- 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750h (12MB Cache, up to 4. 5 GHz, 6 Cores)
- 17. 3 inch FullHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 300-nits Display
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
- 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe solid state Drive
- Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti 6G GDDR5 Video Graphics
The concept of using 17-inch notebooks for 3D modeling and conceptual rendering programs like SketchUp is not new. In addition to offering a large screen for professionals, 17-inch laptops like the Dell G7 17 also come with several cutting-edge features, improving the productivity quotient, almost remarkably. The same Intel Core i7-9750H processor is best known for its improved turbo clock speed up to 4.5 GHz and its hexa-core architecture. The powerful HyperThreading chipset is perfectly complemented by the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti GPU. Existing GPUs boast of Turing Shaders that help you improve conceptual 3D modeling in addition to getting the required 6GB of VRAM support. Multitasking requirements are taken care of by the 16 GB RAM, while each storage centric preference is handled efficiently by the 512 GB SSD. The NVMe SSD is blazing fast and loads the affected application. and Windows 10 operating system with blazing speeds.
The exceptional 17.3-inch display is worth mentioning thanks to an overall display resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels. While the brightness levels aren’t the best in their class, the thinner bezels and in-plane switching technology allow for sharper vision and improved clarity. However, it is the screen size that is useful when setting up more extensive modeling and rendering workflows. The backlit keyboard is a decent addition followed by the responsive touchpad, Nahimic speakers, built-in webcam, and Alienware’s very ingenious “Command Center” for better gadget adaptability.
Despite handling some of the most demanding 3D apps and rendering plugins, the laptop doesn’t heat up much, thanks to the dual-fan design that makes room for excellent thermals.
At 7.28 pounds, it’s one of the heaviest gadgets on our list, also with innovative and functional ports and connectivity specifications. These include Gig Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB Type-A, HDMI 2.0, and a few other attributes. Despite a massive display, the battery associated with the Dell G7 17 is capable of lasting almost 8 hours.
All in all, this is a decent laptop for 3D modeling and rendering, best suited for students and mid-range professionals who are ready to pass up ray tracing.
ASUS VivoBook 15
- 15.6 inch FHD 4 way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz)
- AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics with Windows 10 Home
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
Vivobook Pro 15 is a great option for this list, mainly because of its crisp, crisp display. The Vivobook Pro’s 15.6-inch display reproduces excellent color composition and is almost as good as most Ultrasharp desktop monitors.
The specs are pretty standard considering the price. An i7 7700Q (tried and tested, so everywhere), 16 GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX 1050 graphics card. This laptop also comes with a 1 TB hard drive and a 256 GB SSD, which makes the transfer of files and application loading fast enough while ensuring adequate storage. Rest assured that this combination of specs can handle just about anything you throw at it when it comes to Sketchup and other 3D modeling apps.
Acer Aspire E15 Notebook
- The manufacturer seal has been open to meet the advertised specifications. Professional service installation included.
- Acer Aspire E15 Notebook | 15.6 Full HD Display | Intel Dual-Core 8th Gen i3-8130U 2.20GHz Upto 3.4GHz
- 6GB RAM | 512GB SSD (Turbo Speed)
- DVD-RW | UHD Graphics 620
- Windows 10 Pro
The Acer Aspire E 15 is one of the most powerful laptops available at a reasonable price. This companion can run SketchUp with ease with to its Intel Core i5-8250U processor, 8GB of memory, 256GB SSD, and Nvidia MX150 dedicated GPU. Their GPU comes with 2GB of VRAM and supports OpenGL 4.5.
Even when we talk about overall efficiency, this computer performs many tasks. With its upgradable capability, you can also make it sharper for more demanding use. It’s simple to upgrade; all you have to do is remove one container, which you can do yourself. This computer’s battery life is also noteworthy; it may last up to 15 hours on a single charge. The Aspire E15 has a 15.6-inch full HD IPS monitor for modeling, reading, and viewing images.
Overall, you get better value for your money. It can be a good solution if you’re seeking for a cheap and reliable 2022 SketchUp unit.
However, keep in mind that this unit is a little thick and dense, so it’s not ideal for a whole day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need a high-end GPU for better SketchUp performances and outputs?
A high-end GPU, preferably consumer grade RTX 20 series models, are great choices for running SketchUp, thanks to the decent distribution of CUDA and Ray Tracing cores. In addition, all the necessary APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX, and OpenGL are available, making it easy to achieve desirable levels of performance and good quality renderings. Most of the time, high-end GPUs are preferred if you want to indulge in 3D rendering through third-party plugins.
Which processor to rely on if you are only looking to use SketchUp for modeling?
If your only goal is to create 3D designs, you need a powerful processor with faster Turbo Clocking speed. This means faster single-core performance which is the most desirable characteristics for 3D modeling.
Why do professional SketchUp artists require higher RAM?
Professionals require at least 16GB or even 32GB RAM for a seamless workstation-like experience. 3D models and renders take up a lot of system memory which can run out easily if you are a seasoned SketchUp professional. However, in most cases, the high-end laptops come with upgradeable RAM slots, allowing you to beef up the system memory, if and when required.