Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- Get more done with up to 20 hours of battery life, the longest ever in a Mac
- 8-core CPU delivers up to 2.8x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever
- 8-core GPU with up to 5x faster graphics for graphics-intensive apps and games
- 16-core Neural Engine for advanced machine learning
The new Apple MacBook Pro comes in a brilliantly built 16-inch display model. It is currently the most powerful system ever built by Apple in terms of speed, storage, RAM, and simply put. This laptop is powered by the Intel i9-9980H processor for all the powerful applications you need to edit your podcasts making it one of the Best Laptops For Podcasting.
Apple is known for making some of the most powerful laptops for audio and video editing. Depending on your preferences and budget, you can choose between the 13 “and 16” MacBook Pro. If you travel a lot and prefer to reduce assembly time during your trip, the 13-inch model is more suitable for you. It has an 8th generation Intel i5 quad-core processor with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of SSD storage.
However, if you are recording from your home or studio, the latest 16-inch MacBook Pro with Touchbar is highly recommended. Although offered at a higher price, the 16-inch model offers a wide range of superior features. Along with an impressive 16-inch Retina display, it comes with 16GB of RAM (expandable up to 64GB). However, the most distinctive feature is the 9th generation 6-core Intel i7 processor with a processing speed of 2.6 GHz.
This laptop has an amazing keyboard that is exceptionally comfortable to use. Plus, the touch bar that replaces the function keys is perfect for you to control your podcast software. For added security of your work, use Touch ID on the power button for faster authentication. Use the larger touchpad with forced clicks and multi-touch gestures that you can use to easily swipe between multiple apps.
As we know, MacBooks generally have the best battery power. This also has a 10 hour battery life. Additionally, the 16-inch Retina display produces 500 nits of brightness. It brings more color to the screen and with the use of Radeon Pro 5000M graphics, you get the best video quality ever seen on your screen, for everything. Although it has four Thunderbolt 3 ports, it is difficult for other devices to connect due to the lack of ports.
Besides the high price, the main drawback of the 16 ”MacBook Pro is the lack of versatile USB ports. It only ships with four USB Type-C ports. This means that you need an external adapter to connect USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices.
HP Spectre x360
- NEWEST 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5 dedicated), Windows 10 Home 64 - Dark Ash Color
- 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB), 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, HP Wide Vision FHD IR Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
- 15.6" diagonal 4K IPS eDP micro-edge BrightView WLED-backlit (3840 x 2160), include HP Active Stylus, HP Sleeve
- Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, dual speakers, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support
- 1 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 HDMI; 1 headphone/microphone combo
The HP Spectre x360 15t laptop is powered by the 8th generation i7 processor which is powerful and provides sufficient speed to the system. It can be turbo at a power of around 4 GHz, which is perfect to help you with all kinds of activities.
Great feature of the Spectre x360 15T is the 15.6-inch backlit touchscreen. You can use it in multiple modes like tablet, yoga, laptop, etc. Although the stylus is not included with the laptop, you can still purchase it separately for better use of the touch screen. It has been equipped with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage, similar to the one we also have at the HP Envy.
This sharp 2-in-1 laptop from HP has an impressive 15.6-inch 4K touchscreen. The convertible design allows you to use it as a tablet for writing and browsing. It has a powerful 8th generation Intel i7 quad-core processor with 16GB of DDR4 RAM and 512GB of SSD storage. It also has a wide range of connection ports, including a Thunderbolt USB port, an HDMI port, and an SD card slot.
The price of the HP Spectre X360 is higher, which makes it out of reach for most beginners. However, if you intend to dedicate yourself to podcasting vlog and video production, this laptop is a good choice. The only downside is the poor battery life. With rigorous post-processing, the battery only lasts about 2 hours.
The HP Spectre is a great companion for Windows users and offers high-end configurations like Apple’s MacBook Pro. Although the laptop is expensive, it is cheaper than the MacBook Pro and is suitable for the most demanding jobs. The laptop has a 180 degree hinge, which makes it more convenient to use in different modes while podcasting. Overall, the HP Spectre x360 is one of the best podcasting laptops that caters for all kinds of needs for running audio production software.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is the latest version of the Surface Pro series laptops and is a true competitor to the MacBook Pro in terms of performance. Weighing just 1.7 pounds, this laptop is ultra-portable and powerful, ideal for recording and podcasting work. Surface Pro is the most versatile laptop that allows you to work in different modes as per your convenience. On this laptop, you will enjoy a 12.3-inch PixelSense touchscreen with a resolution of 2736 × 1824 pixels.
This versatile 2-in-1 laptop from Microsoft features the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD storage. Its ultra-slim convertible design with a 12.3 PixelSense touchscreen makes it ideal for laptop and tablet use. The greatest asset of Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is its powerful battery with more than 10 hours of battery life. It has USB Type A and Type C ports. Surface Pro 7 is powered by the latest 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor with a standard clock speed of 1.3GHz for effortless multitasking. Other than that, the laptop comes with 8GB of RAM and fast 256GB SSD storage, which is great for smooth multitasking.
Microsoft produces some of the best machines for anyone who needs a lightweight, portable design. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 has a great design and weighs only 1.70 pounds. The tech giant has surely taken things to the next level while improving and adding things much better compared to its previous version. It runs on the latest 10th generation i5 processor which provides high processing speed to the system. Plus, the amazing 12.3-inch touchscreen is everything you could have asked for.
You can buy the stylus or stylus separately and get the most out of the screen for all your work. This tablet doesn’t have a keyboard, but you can buy one and turn it into a laptop very easily. Use it however you like using the built-in stand behind the tablet. It is perfect for your studio where you can write, touch, draw, write, work and play more naturally.
With its long battery life, you can stay productive for 10.5 hours without worrying about your charge. Overall, Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is the perfect combination of performance and portability, making it ideal for podcasting and other demanding jobs.
ASUS VivoBook 15
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
If you’re looking for a podcasting laptop under $ 750, the ASUS VivoBook F510UA is a good deal. It has a robust 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor with a processing speed of 1.6 GHz (turbo boost up to 3.4 GHz). It also comes with 8GB of DDR4 RAM and uses a combination of a 128GB SSD and a 1TB hard drive for internal storage. It is powered by the 10th Gen Intel i3 processor with a base clock speed of 1.2 GHz. The overall speed can be increased with the turbo boosting up to 3.4 GHz, which is incredibly good for your system performance.
One of the most impressive features of this podcasting laptop is its 15.6-inch widescreen Full HD display with an 80% screen-to-body ratio. It causes minimal reflection, making it ideal for outdoor use. Weighing only 3.7 pounds, it’s convenient to carry. However, the mediocre plastic construction leaves a lot to be desired.
ASUS VivoBook comes with an ergonomic chiclet keyboard and an efficient fingerprint scanner. It also offers a decent 4 hour battery backup during recording and editing. In addition, it has a wide range of ports that allow you to connect various devices. There is one USB Type-C, one USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, one HDMI port, and one SD card slot.
Acer Aspire 5
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3.6GHz)| 8GB DDR4 Memory | 256GB NVMe SSD
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS Display | Intel UHD Graphics
- Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX201 802.11ax | Backlit Keyboard | Fingerprint Reader | HD Webcam | Up to 8 Hours Battery Life
- 1 - USB 3.1 (Type-C) Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps), 2 - USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port (one with Power-off Charging), 1 - USB 2.0 Port & 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
- Windows 10 Home
The Acer Aspire 5 is one of the most suitable podcasting notebooks presented by Acer. It is surely an amazing addition to the aspirational series that has been designed to edit podcasting in the best possible way. Also, if you are on a budget, this might be the perfect option for you. The amazing 10th Gen Intel i5 processor gives you powerful processing speed every time. It has a 15.6-inch IPS Full HD technology LED-backlit display capable of delivering an incredible viewing experience with high-quality images and vibrant colors.
Plus, it has 8GB of DDR4 RAM that works incredibly well, making it decent enough for your everyday use. In addition, it has a 256GB SSD storage capacity that provides increased speed and additional storage for all your files and data. You might be a bit disappointed here as there are no good graphics, just the integrated Intel GPU card.