2020 HP ZBook 15 G5
- Intel Core i7-8850H (6 cores 12 threads, base clock speed 2.6GHz, max turbo to 4.3GHz, 9MB L3 Cache)
- 32GB DDR4-2400MHz RAM, 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD+1TB HDD(reseal for upgrades ONLY)
- 15.6" FHD(1920x1080) Anti-glare Display, NVIDIA Quadro P2000 (4 GB GDDR5 VRAM dedicated)
- No Optical Drive, USB 3.1 Type-C Thunderbolt 3, 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x RJ-45, 1 x Audio Combo Jack, 1 x Fingerprint reader, Backlit
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, Ideal for Student, Home, Professionals, Small Business, and School Education
The HP ZBook 15 G5 is a SolidWorks certified laptop, a great choice for SolidWorks experts.
The HP Zbook 15G5 should be at the top of your preference list if you need a reliable laptop for professional and academic purposes. If you are a student of computer engineering or in the software design profession, the ZBook 15G5 should be at the top of your choice. The laptop specializes in running multiple calculations.
Its Intel Core i7-8850 H processor and 2.6 GHz Turbo clock speed ensure smooth running of designer program applications with ease. Its 4GB GDDR5 Quadro P2000 dedicated VRAM meets the basic requirements for running SolidWorks applications. That helps the user to get the speed required to run these kinds of applications easily. The built-in 34GB 2400Mhz RAM comes with an additional option to upgrade if required. The 1TB PCle NVMe M.2 SSd + 1TB HDD is an added benefit for loading Windows 10 operating system.
The reason we chose HP’s ZBook 15G5 in our product list is that the model is a smart companion for academic and professional purposes. Wait, that’s not all! 1920 * 1080 super smart FHD anti-glare screen gives you maximum resolution to identify the true color effect after designing an application. One of those options is an added benefit for editing color after designing a program application. That’s an added benefit when calculating complex data and a virtual reality-based program application.
While it comes down to connecting the USB ports, other laptop models are in front of the I / O ports on the ZBook 15G5. The 5 different USB ports are an added bonus of this particular laptop. The left side comes with 3 different USB 3.0 ports, RJ45 Ethernet input, and a lock slot. The right side of the laptop is a strange mix of old and new. One of these functions helps you connect USB devices with your laptop easily.
Razer Blade 15
- More power: The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor provides the ultimate level of performance with up to 5.0 GHz max turbo and 6 cores.
- Ray-tracing: The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q Design is powered by the NVIDIA Turing GPU architecture and brings cinematic-quality rendering to the most visually intense games.
- More frames: Incredible performance paired with the fast 144Hz 15. 6" full HD thin bezel display helps edge out the win.
- Thin and compact: The CNC aluminum unibody frame houses incredible performance in the most compact footprint possible, while remaining remarkably durable and just 0.78" thin.
- Ready to connect: Fully loaded with Wi-Fi 6, Gigabit Ethernet, Thunderbolt 3, USB type-A and type-C ports, and HDMI, for a desktop-class experience
The new and improved Razer Blade 15 is a good choice if you are looking for a SolidWorks in 2021 compatible laptop focused on drawing and modeling that also doubles as a high-end gaming laptop. The 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H processor with an achievable 5GHz turbo clock speed makes way for faster calculations. The 6 cores of this chipset are Hyper-Threading capable and ensure that you are comfortable with basic simulations. With this processor in the lead, you can also work on multi-sheet modeling and drawing without lag or hiccups.
The 15.6-inch panel is very vibrant and offers excellent visibility, especially when viewing the renderings in detail. The IPS Full HD panel offers a rich screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This latest version of the Razer Blade 15 is an amazing device that supports Solid Works and other advanced 3D modeling and rendering programs with ease. The existing NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU works in tandem with the processor and helps it handle larger assemblies and GPU-accelerated 3D rendering. Assembly handling for more than 500 parts is made possible by CUDA cores and 8GB of VRAM. On top of that, the Max-Q design and Turing architecture help improve energy efficiency.
The laptop has been ranked # 1 in technical support related to the Windows operating system due to its improved spatial memory. The expandable 16GB RAM comes with dual channel 2933MHz memory to easily assemble different parts. The 512GB SSD storage drive is an added benefit for faster data rendering along with booting the Windows 10 operating system. The slimmer, sleeker and more compact design is another attractive draw of this laptop.
The durable CNC aluminum uni-body is just 0.78 inches thick. One of those technical specifications makes it easy to transport. That makes it portable compared to other heavyweight laptops.
Lenovo Thinkpad P50
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ (Quad-core 2.60GHz) Processor
- 8GB RAM, 500GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
- NVIDIA Quadro M1000M 2GB Dedicated
- Windows 7 Professional 64 preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro
- 1920 x 1080 16:9 Display, Bluetooth, Finger Print Reader, Backlit Keyboard, HDMI, Mini DisplayPort, RJ-45, 1 x Thunderbolt 3, 4 x USB 3.0
Here comes the machine that packs all the high-end features such as high-end processing components, excellent storage, and more. And it is known as the best laptop to run SolidWorks according to professional users. The unit features an amazing Intel Xeon E3-1505M v5 processor that is clocked at 3.70GHz.
In terms of storage, there is a 256GB SSD installed, which is a SATA-III based drive and is plugged into the M.2 slot. It’s not the fastest drive out there compared to PCIe NVMe SSD, but you’re still getting all the benefits of an SSD – SSDs are much faster than HDDs when opening / saving large assemblies or opening SolidWorks.
Additionally, the M.2 also allows you to upgrade to the faster (larger size) PCIe NVMe SSD if you want to take your workstation to the next level. But keep in mind that it will make your laptop much more expensive and may be unnecessary when we practically looked at it.
The Nvidia Quadro M2000M is a certified workstation card that has 4GB of vRAM. It’s honestly not the best workstation card out there, but it is far better than the consumer card and provides commendable stability. If you are thinking about the size of vRAM, I want to tell you that this size is sufficient when it comes to large assemblies and it is also from Nvidia, which means that it can take advantage of GPU-accelerated rendering (of its CUDA cores).
The Lenovo ThinkPad P50 is probably one of the best laptops for running Solidworks or 3D modeling / rendering.
Microsoft Surface Book 3
- Most powerful Surface laptop yet, with quad-core powered, 10th Gen Intel Core processors. Now 30% faster than Surface Book 2 15”.
- Fastest graphics on Surface, powered by NVIDIA GTX GeForce GPU.
- Power when you need it. Up to 17.5 hours battery life — plus improved standby that extends battery life when you’re away.
- Robust laptop, powerful tablet, and portable studio in one.
- The connections you need, including USB-A, USB-C, and full-size SD card slot.
If you’re looking for a long-lasting battery life, the Microsoft Surface Book 2 should be at the top of your shopping list. The 17-hour battery life of the Microsoft Surface Book 2 requires your attention when it comes to various SolidWorks-related program-based applications. In anticipation of the consumer buying prospect, manufacturers have chosen a stylish detachable screen for the notebook. Microsoft’s Smart Surface Book is actually a perfect companion for graphic designers and those in the architectural design profession.
The display can be used as a smart laptop that can be styled with a Surface Pro pen. The additional smartpen helps you edit the basic structure of a 3D design. After the model is finished, post customer approval, you can add more color resolution and graphic elements. One such facility is an added bonus on Microsoft Surface Pro 2.
Technical malfunction is the last thing you can expect when using Microsoft Surface Pro 2. It comes with an ultra-fast iCore7 8650U processor. The onboard 6GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics memory and fast processor launches heavy application files in seconds.