ASUS Chromebook C425
- 14 inch Full HD IPS 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13 inch laptop footprint with large 6-inch trackpad
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor for super-fast and snappy performance
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x full function USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- 180 degree hinge design for versatile viewing experience
- 1.4mm key travel distance backlit keyboard
For Tails OS, the Asus Chromebook C425 may be the finest Chromebook. It is the Chromebook that has the greatest opportunity to set itself out from the competitors. It’s the machine that has the most potential to set itself out from the competitors. The silver-toned Asus Chromebook C425 looks and feels more expensive than it is. When lifting the laptop, you’ll sense the same luxurious touch. Getting a well-designed Chromebook at this price point is quite difficult.
The Asus Chromebook C425 has a 14-inch full HD display thanks to the Nano Edge bezels. You can enjoy an unobstructed viewing experience on the screen when bezels are reduced to this size. The display is adequate for everyday tasks like viewing films, browsing the web, and running Tails. This Chromebook is powered by an Intel Core M3 processor with a base clock speed of 1.10 GHz. With Turbo Boost enabled, this processor can reach speeds of up to 3.4 GHz, making it the greatest option for running Tails. This processor is a dual-core processor with two cores and a 4MB cache.
This Chromebook has basic processing capabilities that are sufficient for day-to-day tasks and allows you to complete any tasks you require. The eight gigabytes of RAM memory space are more than enough to support the RAM’s memory space.
Overall, the processor and RAM work together to provide a superb computing experience for light to mid-range and professional applications. Multitasking on the laptop is absolutely worry-free when using the RAM. The flash drive storage on this Chromebook is a 64GB eMMC.Integrated Intel graphics provide more than enough graphics performance. If you enjoy gaming, a Chromebook is probably not for you. However, for high-privacy, privacy-conscious business persons running Tails OS, it’s a good choice.
A battery capacity of up to 12 hours is available with regular usage. The battery life is long, allowing for at least eight hours of minimal use. This Chromebook is ideal for persons who travel frequently, such as businesspeople or those who work in an office.
Apple MacBook Air with Apple M1 Chip
- All-Day Battery Life – Go longer than ever with up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Powerful Performance – Take on everything from professional-quality editing to action-packed gaming with ease. The Apple M1 chip with an 8-core CPU delivers up to 3.5x faster performance than the previous generation while using way less power.
- Superfast Memory – 8GB of unified memory makes your entire system speedy and responsive. That way it can support tasks like memory-hogging multitab browsing and opening a huge graphic file quickly and easily.
- Stunning Display – With a 13.3” Retina display, images come alive with new levels of realism. Text is sharp and clear, and colors are more vibrant.
- Why Mac – Easy to learn. Easy to set up. Astoundingly powerful. Intuitive. Packed with apps to use right out of the box. Mac is designed to let you work, play, and create like never before.
Apple’s stellar Retina displays need no introduction. They are among the brightest and most color-accurate displays you can get in a laptop, so if you also like graphic design, photo editing, video editing, the 13.3-inch screen powered by Retina can be helpful. Gamut (100% sRGB) and brightness (400 nits) are a bit below the Pro’s 150% sRGB and 500 nits, but are still great specs for any display. Now that Apple has returned to the Magic keyboard, we can safely say that the MacBook Air has one of the best keyboards for laptops. We can also safely say that the Magic Trackpad is the best trackpad you can get. When it comes to input mechanisms, Apple is still king.
The 8GB of RAM and 256GB of SSD storage are barely enough for macOS Big Sur and a handful of apps, but good enough for Tails. However, getting Tails to boot into Apple MacBooks requires going through a few hurdles, which can be intimidating for the average user. However, you will find detailed instructions on the Tails website. The iconic clamshell design in its gorgeous unibody aluminum finish looks expensive, is very stylish, weighs only 3.97 pounds, and has stood the test of time. The same cannot be said for the ports, which are limited to 2 USB-C Thunderbolt 3 ports. If you intend to use a USB-A drive to boot into Tails, you will need a dongle.
Battery life is claimed to be a whopping 12 hours on macOS, and you can expect the same on Tails. The dual-core CPU and large battery have a lot to do with this. Using the intrinsically safe macOS platform for your personal data and Tails as a super-secure secondary operating system for critical communications is a smart idea. You’re paying a premium for the privilege of owning a Mac, but given what you get, we think the premium price tag is justified. this is one of Best Laptops For Tails.
Dell Inspiron 5481 2-in-1 Laptop
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3-8145U Processor (Dual Core, 4MB Cache, up to 3.9 GHz)
- 14.0-inch HD (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit Touch Display
- 4GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory
- 128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- Windows 10 Home 64 bit
On of the best laptops for tails is the Dell Inspiron 5481 2-in-1 Laptop. This is a cost-effective 2-in-1 laptop for students, work-from-home professionals, and scientists. As you use the laptop’s hinges, you’ll see how adaptable it is. It can also be used as a tablet without difficulty. The laptop is small and light, weighing less than 4 pounds, making it ideal for travel.
The touchscreen image quality is excellent, with an HD resolution of 1366×768 pixels, making it suitable for viewing emails, working, and gaming. If you like, you can use digital pens with it. Maybe you’re an aspiring artist or illustrator looking to create a masterpiece. The keyboard to be quite responsive and typing to be very smooth. Despite the fact that it only comes with an Intel Core i3, the 8th generation functions flawlessly. It has a 128GB SSD storage capacity. At 8 hours, the battery life is adequate.
The machine has enough connectivity, including USB ports and HDMI. These ports should operate properly, and attaching other devices should not be a problem. It costs less than $650, which is a reasonable price.
The Dell Inspiron 5481 2-in-1 is a must-have device, not because we think so, but because it has top-notch features that Tails will like. This should be on your purchase list if you’re a scientist, a home worker, or a student who needs complete privacy.
ASUS VivoBook 15
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
ASUS Vivobook 15 is considered the best budget laptop for the TAILS operating system. A product with an affordable price and a variety of features that combines and provides an experience that the user does not want anymore. The bigger the screen, the more fun, right? Its 15.6-inch HD screen will amaze you with its slim bezels that provide an 88% screen-to-body ratio. If you’ve been using a laptop with thick bezels, you will definitely enjoy its thin bezel display.
You can have a more discreet Ultrabook-type device for styles in the form of the ASUS VivoBook 15. Sure, the internal storage options aren’t great and the specs are pretty straightforward, but if you’re primarily looking to run Tails, this won. it will not be a problem. The dual-core i3-1005G1 and its UHD graphics are not very fast, but since it will only run a lightweight Linus distribution, it will be fine. The device can run Windows and 10 and Chrome too, but don’t expect great performance doing so.
The Vivobook is equipped with an Intel Core i3 processor that comes with two different physical cores. The processor is clocked at 2.1 GHz, which can reach up to 3.9 GHz. When it comes to daily tasks, the Intel Core i3 8415U is a decent option.
This laptop has 8GB of DDR4-type RAM so you can easily multitask and run TAILS OS with any kind of hiccup. 128GB is more than enough for those running TAILS OS. Also, ASUS has installed a solid state drive instead of a hard drive, which means it will have excellent processing speed. Various connectivity options are available to you as this laptop comes with USB 3.1 Type-C, USB 3.1 Type-A, USB2.0, and HDMI ports. You are here for TAILS laptops for sure, so for TAILS, you will need a number of connectivity options and on this laptop, all these ports will come in handy.
Lenovo Flex 11
- Convenience on the go; weighing in at just 2.75 pounds and constructed with premium materials, this chic convertible transitions seamlessly from work to play
- Powered by Intel ; the Flex 11 Packs a punch, with lightning fast performance; With powerful Intel Pentium processing, 4GB DDR4 Memory and speedy 64GB of eMMC SSD storage, you'll be able to handle all of your daily tasks
- Versatile connectivity ; with multiple ports including USB 3.0, Type C, HDMI, and a 4 in 1 card reader, you'll be able to hook up to your existing devices with no fuss and no extra purchases
- Dynamic entertainment ; featuring HD definition on an anti glare touchscreen and the crystal clear sound of Dolby Audio Premium, The Flex 11 provides the quality of a home theater In compact form
If you plan to use the Tails operating system for serious business, then portability and durability are eminent. Therefore, a laptop that you can take with you everywhere at any time is required, and it should offer you all the requirements you need for excellent user activity. The Lenovo Flex 11 laptop, according to our research, is the best portable and durable laptop for the Tails operating system. It has all the features to ensure that your experience with the Tails operating system remains smooth and hassle-free and it comes with a reasonable price tag with an 11.6-inch screen.
Lenovo laptop belongs to the Flex11 series which is known for its optimal performance. Based on our research, the device is the best laptop for queuing. It has a decent 1366×786 resolution and is great for browsing, checking emails, reading, and working. The color is onyx black which gives the device a stunning appearance. The construction is good and premium. It has the Intel Pentium Silver 5000 processor that offers you exceptional performance.
The device has a 64GB SSD storage space, which might disappoint some of you. It weighs only 2.7 pounds, which is extremely lightweight and suitable for travel. The audio quality is excellent and gives you perfect sound. It is a portable device that comes with an average battery runtime of 5-6 hours, which is acceptable. In addition, the laptop provides you with versatile connectivity ports. The unit is priced at under $ 500, making it very cheap compared to most of the best laptops for queuing.
The laptop is equipped with an Intel Pentium Silver 5000 processor. A dual-core processor that comes with a clock frequency of 2.7 GHz. In the memory department, there are 4 gigs of RAM installed so you can perform your TAILS task hassle-free. With 11.6-inch screens, its users are satisfied with the screen size and resolution of 1366 x 768. The pixel density is not that bad. With this pixel density, you will experience an amazing experience whether you are using the laptop for TAILS or browsing the web at your office work. The backlit keyboard was expected with this model, but unfortunately, it doesn’t come with that. The touchpad is normal. There is nothing great or special about it.
The battery life is around 6 hours, so it gives you a good fit based on the design. It comes 64GB eMMC and Intel UHD Graphics 605 which will also provide a good gaming experience. You will get extra good viewing angles with your screen. The speakers are the same nothing extraordinary. But in case you are looking for a laptop with more battery. Then take a look at the ones listed on our list.
Dell Inspiron 3000
- Intel Celeron 4205U Dual-Core 1.8GHz Processor | Intel UHD Graphics
- 128GB PCIe Solid State Drive | 4GB Memory
- HD 1366 x 768 LED-Backlit Display | 15.6" Diagonal
- Windows 10 Home in S-Mode, 64-Bit Operating System
- (1) SD Card Reader, (1) USB 2.0, (2) USB 3.1 Gen 1, (1) HDMI 1.4b, (1) RJ-45
To be clear, the Dell Inspiron 3000 would be a terrible Windows machine. An old dual-core CPU with just 4GB of RAM is simply not enough for a modern operating system. However, for Tails, it’s a surprisingly decent setup and perfect if you’re looking for privacy on a budget. The dual-core Celeron N4000 here has a 1.8GHz base clock, which is actually quite high for a low-end chip. It is also a dual-threaded chip, making it 40-60% slower than an equivalent i3 chip. The 8th gen UHD graphics are pretty old too. Still, given how low Tails requirements are, this setup will work.
One would expect an inexpensive laptop with old hardware to look like a bulky, clunky machine. If that’s the case, the Dell Inspiron 3000 will blow you away. Sure, it’s not the most attractive device out there and it’s a bit bulky, but it’s also sturdy and a lot thinner than you think. Ports are limited and you get 1 USB-A 2.0 port, 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, an HDMI 1.4b port, an RJ45 Ethernet jack, and a 3.5mm combo jack. The device is heavy and weighs 5.99 pounds, so you can consider it a great desktop replacement.
Lenovo IdeaPad 3
- 15.6" Full HD Anti-glare Display (1920 x 1080), Intel 10th Gen i3-1005G1 (1.20 GHz - 3.40 GHz)
- 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi 802.11ac
- 720p HD Webcam with Dolby Audio dual speakers, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
This latest Lenovo IdeaPad is another sizeable laptop for Tails OS without putting a gigantic hole in your pocket. Furthermore, it also comes with the DVD +/- RW, which is another option for using Tails. The best thing about this laptop is that despite being a full-size machine, it is significantly compact and easy to transport. Plus, you’re getting a ton of I / O ports to connect your additional peripherals.
The 10th Gen Intel i3 1.2GHz CPU and UHD graphics are modern, low-power chips that are great for Windows, Chrome, and productivity apps like MS Word, Excel, and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite. Needless to say, it is more than capable of handling Tails. The 15W CPU is also a low-power platform, so you can expect great battery life. Although UHD graphics aren’t as powerful as NVIDIA or AMD dedicated graphics, they still get the job done (since you don’t need graphics power to run Tails)
The 15.6-inch FHD display comes with 250 nits of brightness and 45% NTSC for the color gamut. It is not as color accurate as those found on laptops suitable for graphic design. Also, it’s not quite as fast as 144Hz laptops, but it does have a decent contrast ratio. Since you won’t be playing games or editing photos / videos, you don’t have to worry about those factors. In addition, it is a screen quite capable of reading, writing and browsing the web. Therefore, it is suitable for Tails and other activities that you will do in Tails.
ASUS VivoBook Flip 14 Thin 2-in-1 FHD Touch Laptop
- Powerful & efficient Intel Celeron N4000 1.1GHz (Turbo upto 2.6GHz); 64 eMMC storage, 4GB LPDDR4
- Featuring Windows 10 in S mode operating system with 1 year of office 365 included; Webcam: VGA Camera
- 14" Glossy screen with a Nano Edge FHD display with wide view technology and a touchscreen with upto 178° viewing angle optimized for entertainment
- 13” wide, 0. 6” thin with 0. 3” bezel for a stunning 73% screen-to-body ratio; aluminum chassis and lightweight at 3.3 pounds.
- Portable and convertible 2 in 1 laptop with four viewing modes: Tablet, tent, stand, and laptop.
The Asus VivoBook Flip 14 isn’t simply a “cool” laptop; it also offers a lot of functionality. Most manufacturers may find it difficult to supply these high-quality features at this low pricing. First and foremost, as you can see in the image above, the Flip 14 is a convertible laptop with 360-degree rotation. It also has a full HD 14-inch touchscreen with a broad viewing angle.
Apart from the stunning display, the build quality of this notebook is outstanding. It has a sparkling aesthetic and careful endurance thanks to the aluminum chassis and 73 percent body to screen ratio.This one is powered by a 2.65GHz Intel CPU with 4GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of SSD storage; as a result, the battery life is exceptional in addition to the acceptable performance.
The only drawback to this laptop is that it has the mini version of all communication ports, whether we’re talking about HDMI or USB. Furthermore, USB Type-C is not yet fully compatible with all accessories. However, you may use your Tail bootable media because Asus includes a Type-C to Type-A connector with the kit.
Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Up to 3.4GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-lit IPS Display
- 8GB Dual Channel Memory & 256GB SSD
- Up to 15-hours of battery life.Adapter: 65 W
- Windows 10 Home
The finest laptop for tails is the Acer Aspire E 15 Laptop. That’s because it checks all of the boxes you’ll need to work on Tails. Additional security for $1500 is available when you use the DVD media player with Tails. We’ll begin with the display, which is a 15.6-inch monitor with a 1920×1080 resolution. You’ll be pleased to learn that the processor and storage capacity are of the highest quality. The Intel Core i5 processor and 256GB SSD are the components.
With the NVIDIA MX150 GPU, the memory is likewise good, with 8GB RAM. These characteristics make it an excellent pick for you. It comes with an optical drive and a slew of connecting options for transferring data. Unfortunately, at more than 5.5 pounds, it is a little on the heavy side, which might be annoying for people who don’t want to travel with a huge device. However, the device’s 15-hour battery life is one of its most impressive characteristics.
The Acer Aspire E 15 is your device for working with Tails; it has a great display, a battery life of 15 hours, a powerful processor, plenty of storage, and you’ll be comfortable carrying the 5.5-pound laptop while traveling.
Dell XPS9360-3591SLV 13.3″ Laptop
- 7th generation Intel Core i5-7200u 2.50 GHz Processor
- 8GB lpddr3-1866mhz included; 8GB maximum
- 256GB SSD storage; No Optical Drive included
- 13.3" QHD+ (3200 x 1800) infinityedge touch Display
- Windows 10 operating system; silver
The Dell XPS9360-3591SLV is a fantastic machine that rivals the MacBook Pro. If you like to work on a Windows operating system, these are the best laptops for tails. This is an Intel Core i5 processor from the 7th generation that performs admirably. The device allows you to develop, create, write, browse, and play games all at the same time. Furthermore, the memory is an excellent 8GB RAM with 256GB SSD storage capacity, which is plenty for keeping your data safe.
The Dell XPS has excellent build quality and, like other Dell devices, is long-lasting. This type is silver in tone, giving it a regal and sleek appearance. It doesn’t come with an optical drive, which is a letdown. It is lightweight at 2.7 pounds, making it ideal for vacation and workplace use. The device costs less than $1000, so if you’re confident you’ll be able to afford it, go ahead and buy it.
Apart from the MacBook, the Dell XPS9360-3591SLV could be one of the greatest laptops for tails. That’s because it has a fantastic display, a powerful processor, a superior trackpad, and a long battery life.